I'm on pip and my health has deteriorated

Posted , 10 users are following.

I just thought ode let ppl know that I was going to ring up pip and tell them my health has got worse,but then my cousens who is a nurse has told me not to has her friend left nursing to work for these and soon after went back to nursing , she said there told to purposely get ppl nicked off and try not to give 5 points for 1 answer or they can get fired and the report goes to a auditor so they can't get out of it.she said it was heart wrenching seeing ppl suffer and then the thoughts of them getting there monies stopped was making her I'll hence why she went back to nursing.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Im going to be frank with you here, if you can support yourself on the PIP that you get and other benefits + disability premiums and you have gotten worse, DO NOT put in a change of circs. You might as well spin a roulette wheel.

I think there is provision in the regs re not reporting changes that would be beneficial to yourself provided all the original conditions that had you entitled to pip are still there and haven't gotten better.

I know someone who had enhanced mobility and no daily living who deteriorated, she is now blind in both eyes brain bleed etc... zero points on both (she originally had a 10 year award of the enhanced mobility with 7 years left) and now shes going through the appeals process. They had to do a change in circs as her carer needs carers allowance...

If however you are happy with what you are getting and can support yourself on it, the moral of the story here is don't get greedy. Even the lady from the scope charity i spoke to today about my appeal said a change of circs for a deteriorating condition is akin to spinning the roulette wheel and that you should ONLY do it if you have gotten better to a point where you won't be entitled anymore so you don't break the law.

Seriously, do not spin that roulette wheel if you can already support yourself and are comfortable on what you are getting.

• Posted

Your bang on the money there. I posted 18 months ago about my cousin a nurse, left nursing to become a HCP. Done the so called training and packed it in. It went against what she was "a nurse;

• Posted

I'm a Volunteer Benefits Advisor and I always explain when people go for assessments they are not seeing a Nurse, Doctor, Paramedic or Physiotherapist in their role as a Health Care Professional.  These people are functioning as Disability Analysts they are there to analyse how your disability affects you on a daily basis. 

For ESA it focuses on how you function in the modern workplace and is known as the Work Capability Assessment

For PIP the focus in on how you function on a daily basis at home, work or anywhere.  It's all about your disability and how it affects you - not on conditions as it was with DLA.

Only focusing on your condition instead of how it affects you will be detrimental to your claims for both ESA and PIP.

For some folks who are awarded PIP Enhanced Rate Daily Living and Enhanced Rate Mobility even if your condition worsens you wouldn't benefit any further from being re-assessed.  

Hope this helps.

• Posted

I was awarded standard in both care and mobility in aug 2016 for 3 years never agreed with the mobility side as every joint is riddled with arthritis and I have other problems too....I rang last Nov 2017 because I’d gotten worse and I could no longer do my job (I’d  been a nurse for 22 years)....I was assessed in jan this year by the SAME person who’d done my 1st assessment and was awarded the higher rate mobility and my award was increased to enhanced I’m a bit naive when it comes to the whole benefits system as I’d never claimed  them before but I got a good result   ....but someone on my ward left to becomes a HCP with ATOS and she lasted 5 weeks and couldn’t stand it...good luck with  what ever decision you make xx
  • Posted

@ ste07884

Hi Ste07884, there is some good advice here, we all know that this government is trying to knock genuine people off benefits.  For this reason, I would leave well alone, any excuse for the gov. to cut peoples' benefit(s) this lot does not know the difference between genuine cases and people who tells lies.

Apparently you go to the end of the queue if you put in an amended claim.

MaryLip

• Posted

I think people have completely misread the post here. Ste hasn't said he's thinking of reporting changes. What he's actually said is he was going to report changes but then his cousin told him not to. This is the reason why i didn't comment on the post yesterday.

• Posted

It makes me wonder were this will end and how them people sleep at night,I'm happy with what I get tbh, but it does my head in seeing non genuine ppl taking the Mick and never done a tap from leavening school.

• Posted

I'm not sure what you mean by the non genuine ones. Those that do successfully claim PIP, claim it because they're entitled to it. There's far less people claiming PIP fraudulently than there ever was with DLA.

As for those that in your eyes "have never done a tap from leaving school" Some people have never had the opportunity to work because their disability doesn't allow them to. My daughter is still a full time student but i highly doubt she will ever get the chance to work, unless someone supports her 100% of the time and even then the chances are very slim. I wish more than anything that things could be different for her but sadly that's not how it is. She will never be able to live alone and will need support for the rest of her life!! She has a learning disability, autism and social anxiety. I really hope in the future that she won't be tarred with the same brush and accused of "never done a tap since leaving school"

Please do think carefully before you post comments like this. Don't forget that not all disabilities are visible!!

• Posted

The first time apply for PIP I scored 0 points then took it to a tribunal and got awarded Standard on both, when I had to reapply again I scored 0 again, I asked for MR and i was awarded Standard daily living and i took the decision as I felt I could not take the risk. I have a chronic illness that will only get worse.

Thanks Twiglet,

• Posted

I ment fraudsters end of.
    • Posted

Yes, i know exactly what you meant. I also meant every single word of my comment above. Please think before judging others.
    • Posted

I was talking bout people I know of ,I don't judge anyone.

• Posted

I totally agree ste07884 know a lot þaking the mickey their scared stiff they will lose out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.