I'm on the beginning of 10 weeks celexa and still fighting side effects is that normal ??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey everyone

I'm on the beginning of week 10 on Celexa and still have early morning side effects

like nausea very badly and headache plus sinus and other thinks that come and go

but the nausea and headache stick around the longest

does anyone else go though this after that long on Celexa

I'm on 5 MG for being very sensitive to meds all meds not just Celexa

please let me know something , this is to everyone

thank you

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

• Edited

yes completely normal, i am sensitive to meds and it takes me a year to reduce by 2mgs and settle!

• Posted

Hi

I'm not reducing

I'm staying and waiting on me to balance out

thanks

• Edited

yes unfortunately very normal. it took about 14 weeks for the side effects to start diminishing.

• Posted

Hi

thank you for letting me know how long it took u , hope I get there soon and it's diminishing for me

so scared to stay this way and not balancing out

what u think

• Edited

umm my side effects all went within a week now i feel like each day is getting easier. people say they take months to fully work but i feel like its already helping me and only improving

• Posted

Hi

that's a blessing

so happy for you not happen for me 😡

not that person I'm the one it takes longer and there are so many more then me

they say to not look at days but weeks at a time

hope u continue to do better

• Edited

thank you and if you stick to the pills it will eventually pull you through. your get better 😃

• Edited

Sorry to hear you are still having side effects im only on week 7 and really struggling at the moment with increased anxiety, aches, pains and soreness. Was hoping id see an improvement by now

• Posted

Hi

I know how u feel

I'm still going though morning side effects and anxiety up high until I take a lorazapam

still have cry attacks and nausea ,headaches and other stuff

I'm in the middle of week 10 and only on 5 MG

do u see any improvement? ????

I do my evenings are okay what about yours ?

• Edited

Sorry to hear that, the nausea and the headaches have pretty much stopped but i still have lots of skin related side effects such as soreness or burning as well as aches and pains and twinges around my body.

At the moment i have up and downs all day long, sometimes my health anxiety really kicks off and i spend all day worrying about different moles or parts of my body

• Posted

Hi

questions u get anxiety still and if so do u get u crying

when u have ups and downs

• Posted

it will be patient i had the same disbelief now im on road to recovery be strong

• Edited

I've just come off it and getting all of that as withdrawal the nausea really bad. I had headaches and bad sinus all the time I was on it think they are part of the side effects. Think someone said it contains anti histamine which tends to dry out your sinus which can give you problems. Hope the symptoms soon improve.

• Posted

Thanks

not coming of the meds it's the side effects I got from the meds while on them

so hope they soon go away with time

I'm in the middle of 10 weeks

thank u

• Edited

i had constant sinus infections on it as sinusitus is listed as a side effect, doctors kept giving me antibiotics instead of looking at the common side effects 😕

• Edited

it does indeed contain antihistamine which also drys out the mouth and can cause tooth decay and problems too!

• Edited

I didn't have dry mouth just sinus. Withdrawal is pretty brutal but glad I came off them as were making my symptoms worse and worse. Hope you soon feel better babysboo I would never knock celexa as they do work wonders for a lot of people, just not unfortunately me. I would imagine sinus is just something you would have to accept if you are taking something containing anti histamine. Hope you soon have some improvement.

• Edited

im not knocking them simply quoting whats in the leaflet and online, my dry mouth didnt start for months after i reduced but everyone is different!

• Posted

I wasn'T Referring to anything you said, merely my comment that they made me worse, but wouldn't discourage anyone else taking them. Didn't mention you at all no bad vibes please!

• Posted

Pretty rough but was expecting it to be, just hope they soon get out of my system. Zopiclone was lot easier to stop for me, but everyone seems different. Think some of us more sensitive than others. The citalopram gave me more symptoms but we're all different. How is your withdrawal going?

• Posted

had 2 good days this week, monday and wednesday 😃 back to feeling like death again now but the good days give me hope, wanting to drop again in a few months depending on blood test results

• Posted

Hope you soon improve. Been awful this week, just hope it means they are coming out my system. I'm amazed you manage to do such a long taper, side effects were too bad for me to carry on taking them. Good luck with it anyway.

• Posted

Can you still get zopiclone from your GP? Thining going back seeing if i can reinstate in order to do proper taper. Have taken the odd obe and feel so much better next day so my symptoms clearly withdrawal. The anti pressants clearly cant be tolerated by me just need something as just getting worse and worse. The salts have racked up anxiety apparently magnesium can affect withdrawal so had stop them.

• Posted

yes magnesium vits but the salts are only mild, to be honest i know with ssris you only have a 3 month window to reinstate, not sure about zopiclone though, it depends on if your doc will give you enough to do a proper taper, seems a shame after youve been off this long but if you think its right for you thats all that matters

• Posted

Wouldnt ever take ssri again. You can get zopiclone on line from registerd pharmacies but hopefully he'll give me some. Doing nothing isn'T working my mental health getting worse and worse. Iwas fine on zopiclone not intending to stay long term just be able to do proper taper. sometimes you just need help to recover but ssri definitely dont help

• Posted

you will be in withdrawal from ssris now though, but fingers crossed your plan works

• Posted

Yes I know but zopiclone def seems to calm things down, no way I could stay on SSRI, wasn't on them that long, and figure the fact got hit with withdrawal straight away means they are coming out your system. Think you really need to take anything to help early in withdrawal I'd been off the zop too long.

• Posted

they come out of your system yes but your body and brain can take a hell of a long time to adjust, do whatever makes you feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.