I'm only 16 and I've been having heart attack symptoms for a while

Posted , 5 users are following.

it started as really bad anxiety, to the point where now im afraid to go to school and suddenly fall over from a heart issue or something, i have palpitations almost everyday then that gets me to have panic attacks, i only sometimes feel chest pressure like something is squeezing around my heart or something and sometimes small chest pains, just yesterday when i was laying down for bed i felt a really bad pressure in my chest and it scared me badly i started having crazy palpitations afterwards, some are stronger than others, ans i just recently started feeling a lil sharp pain in my left shoulder and weird pressure in my arm, its always on my left side and that scares me , the school nurses say im fine and my parents say its just anxiety and try to help me find ways to calm down and sometimes it works but only temporarily , i cant keep going like this its scary!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ask your doctor to investigate or go to A&E and they will do a thorough check.

Please get yourself checked by doctors not nurses.

Good luck

• Posted

Hello Blu,

Ask your mom to take you to the doctors and ask for a mild tranquilizer for a short period which will calm you down, until you can get further help. If you are in the UK you can ask the doctor to send you to talking therapy and talk it out, be honest about your feelings and what is bothering you, it will help.

I was fourteen when my nerves finally caught up with me, the panic attacks were horrid, with the heart beating so fast, which turned into agoraphobia I missed my last year at school, I kept everything inside and did not get the correct help. I am now sixty two and can honestly say it has ruined my life.

Please get yourself sorted now, do not ruin your life. You are not having a heart attack, it is anxiety.

• Posted

blue,

I will reiterate what the previous poster stated, "you are not having a heart attack, I have a niece who had those same symptoms after she witnessed her boyfriend collapsing from a coronary event". The only system that's working over time in your body is your adrenal glands,

which of course pump out adrenaline at an amazing rate when you become concerned about

your heart or any issue that may be causing you stress, because that is what the adrenal glands

do. My niece was ultimately given a prescription for a tranquilizer and talk therapy, which has

helped her immensely. You're right, you can't keep going on like this, what is your alternative,

get some professional help. Do not let this control your every waking moment. Good luck to you.

• Posted

I am 30 years old and its happening with me since last 10 months. I have gone through all of a kind of CARDIO as well as GI / Abdominal tests. Everything came back normal. I started ignoring my palpitations ( but note here I have had many EKGs, CT Scans , Nuclear Stress Tests to rule out any cardiac issue )

They gave me anxiety medicines but asked me to follow more of a meditation and improve self confidence.

Our body and mind is really amazing thing in the world. What you think is what it does. Medicines will only work if you trust your body. Like you trust your car brakes you will have to trust your body , mind and try to help it to overcome Anxiety ( if any ) .

This is based on my experience . Doctor should be the right person to identify whether it is Anxiety or cardiac issues. Also , please do not worry and avoid crawling on google for your symptoms..

• Posted

thank you for your responses 😂 my parents would probably be offended that i feel a bit better hearing an answer from other people than i do them, since i felt as if they wouldn't understand, my mom most likely wont take me to the doctors for a while since she strongly believes its anxiety and reading from everyone else makes me somewhat believe that too so I'm gonna try out a few things to help myself that you suggested and hopefully get better with this overtime

• Posted

ah that was supposed to be a tearful smile emoji not laughable!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.