I’m over it. Losing Hope!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m a 27 year old femal with very chronic BV. I can recall that my very first time with BV was at the age of 20. It sucks that I have to be at the doctor at least once every two months and nothing seems to make it better. I remember when I first started experiencing this, my doctor would prescribe be with an inserting cream that was similar to Mobistat. Later on when I would go to planned parenthood I was given a pink pill for cervicitis; however, I’ve always been negative with all my std test. So it didn’t make sense for them to give me that pink pill when that’s only given as a result of an std. Back in February of this year, I went again to planned parenthood and for the very first time in the 7 years that I’ve had this problem I was prescribed Metrodinazole to take 2x daily for 7days. It went away and I didn’t have any symptoms for about two months but I was back at the gyno in April. And I was back again today and was ONCE AGAIN given Metrodinazole. I seriously left the doctor wanting to cry because I couldn’t believe it’s happened again. I always hear “take probiotics, change your underwear, don’t douche” but it’s like nothing I do is working. The nurse practitioner told me that if I’m letting my partner finish inside of me that could be throwing off my PH balance. However, I doubt that’s the case because I’ve had this since 20 and he didn’t finish inside me before so how is this because of that? It sucks because I feel like I’ll never be able to get pregnant because I’m never going to be able to have intercourse without a condom with my bf. I even bought all these vitamins about two weeks ago (vitamin d3, vitamin C with rose hips, b complex, and probiotics) and I’m just really sad and bummed out that it came back. 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am with you I have had it for 5 years and have given up hope the only thing I get relief from is douching with hydrogen peroxide and or tee tree oil mixed with water every time I shower. But never has gone away for more than 3 days so sad so many people suffer but Doctors seem to have no answers. 
    • Posted

Hi Kari, 

I agree, doctors have no answers and all they do is prescribe Metrodinazole. Thank you for sharing your tips and I’m sorry you’re going through this as well. I saw that you mentioned that you douche, my only concern with that is hat I’ve been told multiple timed not to douche because it throws off your ph balance and it isn’t good for the vagina and may cause more bv episodes. Is that the case for you? Or have you noticed that it truly has helped you? I know every body is different and we all ready different to various treatments. I’m just worried that might make things even worse. 

• Posted

Hi there, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I am 39 and have had this for years. I have been on countless antibiotics and natural remedies to be rid of it. Nothing worked for me. I am currently using boric acid capsules vaginally 2x a week as a maintenance. Although it has not cured me it relieves the symptoms.  You can buy the capsules online. Hope this helps...
    • Posted

Hi Jenni, I’m sorry to hear you’re also going through this and it’s been years for you too. I wish we wouldn’t be going through this. I know you mentioned your age and I was wondering if you have kids and if so was it difficult getting pregnant for you? I’m tryint to get pregnant but I’m scared that with so many bv episodes that I developed pelvic inflammatory disease because i haven’t gotten pregnant even on my fertile days : ( 
    • Posted

I have 2 healthy happy kids! My pregnancies were text book no issues. I got pregnant right away as well. I pray the same for you!
  • Posted

Liz, I completely understand where you are coming from.   I had bv for almost two years in a row.   I didn’t understand how or why it keep coming back.  I stop letting my boyfriend finish in me and still would get it. Than I thought it was my period that cause it.  Because soon after my period it was back. I was  about to have a procedure to  end my periods When a nurse practitioner told me to change the brand of pads I use, and to throw aWay, All my old underwear.  Oh and also not to take baths.  I did those things and I haven’t had BV in the last two or three months. 🤞🏾.   Don’t give up hope you find what works for you 

• Posted

Hi thank you for your response. I was also thinking of throwing out all my old  underwear and buying new ones because it wouldn’t make sense to keep the undies when you had bv. Are you currently still allowing your bf to finish inside of you?  I told the nurse practitioner that my bf and I want to get pregnant and she said just to keep track of my ovulation days and let him finish only on those days because the semen might be throwing off my ph balance. Just really sucks we have to go through this. 
    • Posted

No, he doesn’t finish in me.  I just don’t want to take any chances 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.