I'm panicking -again!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

My spots healed on my face over a month ago - can you please confirm iam not contagious and a risk to others who may be vulnerable thankyou   

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison no your not! Who told you that? Once your rash has healed you are no longer contagious.! Congratulations mine are healed too. Still waiting for my scars to dissolve into my skin but , other than that I’m okay.

Good luck to ya Alison keep us posted ok? 

• Posted

You are not and never were "contagious".  Shingles is a virus already in people's bodies if they had chicken pox. If someone who has not had chicken pox comes DIRECTLY in contact with a weeping sore, they may develop chicken pox, NOT shingles. Even healthcare professionals get this wrong, as there's a lot of ignorance and misinformation about shingles.  I hate it when someone makes you feel like a pariah! Because people can see your rash, as compared to those of us who have it on our backs, people freak out.

• Posted

Thankyou so much xx I met a fiend who i had not seen for a while sadly she was going through chemotherapy and very vulnerable - she gave me a hug and it was after I started to panic invade I had put her in a vulnerable position - my spots have gone completely but would hate to put anyone at risk x
  • Posted

Dear Alison,

Yes, as long as the vesicle-blisters have scabbed over and healed, you are not contagious!

I hope you are pain and symptom free..

Best wishes

Merry Juliana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.