I'm really confused.

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past few weeks, I was pretty stressful because of the relationship with my girlfriend. I was constantly worried and always felt anxious at that time point in time. I even felt anxious without knowing reason at times. As time passes, I realized that there's no need to worry anymore. I snap out of it by having the thought that I have no control over everything, just do my best and God will take care of the rest.

However, I realize that I overthink a lot. I think that I might have mild bipolar/depression/anxiety ( I do not know if it's true ). And my thought patterns solely depends on my mood. For example, after I had a jog and am in a good mood, I dont think I have a psychological problem, probably just overthinking but when i'm tired after a long day of studying, I feel like I do have a problem and have the need to seek for professional help. Another example i.e. When i'm in a good mood, I can deal with late replies from my girlfriend and probably wouldn't overthink the situation, i'll just let things slide. However, if i'm in a bad mood, I overthink every single sh*t. Besides, when i'm in a good mood, I think of the relationship as something good, but when i'm in a bad mood, i think of it as a liability/ something stressful. These few scenarios have led me to thinking that i'm bipolar. My mood does fluctuate a lot when I listen to songs. When im listening to EDM, it makes me feel good, but when im listening to emotional songs, I dont feel as good and I tend to think hell a lot more. I checked the symptoms, it doesn't seem like I'm bipolar. I am really confused.

Today I've decided to seek for professional help. The psychologist said I am normal and probably just stressed over the relationship. However, I still have the thought that I might have a problem and I need to address it.

Am I just overthinking coming up with too many 'what if?', over analyzing my thought process or I do in fact have a problem?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

e Hi Nathan, u seem to have a good knowledge of your moods and rational and logical about them.  Tiredness certainly puts our mood into negative mode, and best to rest or meditate, even hunger can make our mood low.  Perhaps you need to know your limitations and dont overwork your body and mind, many negatives are wrought by fatigue.  Have you read the DESIDERATA, look it up on Google and try to live by it.  Good luck
  • Posted

Music effects the body. It has an energy to it. Same with tv shows and movies. It is well documented therefore do your self a favor and listen to music that makes you happy, if stressed listen to music that calms you. Screamo, most rap or songs of a broken heart are never going to uplift your spirits. Tv movies of death and despair will make you upset or annoyed delending on the quality if the show or movie on the flip side comedy will make you laugh and feel good. Its perfectly normal. People can have a similar effect as well. Some will bring out the best in you and some the worst. Ditch the labels. It does not make you have an illness, it makes you human.You are young yet and sensitive and relationships are work at times. Its all good you are learning aspects of personalities that you like or dislike. The best thing you can do for yourself is to seek out what makes you happy and feels good and elevates you as person. Best have your focus on your education or ways to better yourself. Relationships are lovely but try not to allow it to run your life or your day, it should be an addition to life. That way you will over think less about it. The right person will love you for you, flaws and all. It s a connection that you wont have the need to even overthink it. Thats when you know you found love.
  • Posted

You may be suffering with multiple anxieties which can be treated by your doctor.
  • Posted

Hi Nathan, My suggestion is, keep yourself in a good mood as much and as often as you can. You already know of some ways to get you in a good mood. You mentioned going for a run and listening to music. Make a list of all the other things that put you in a good mood too, and as soon as you realise you're in a bad mood, do one of those things to put yourself into a good mood.

As you say, the negative symptoms only come when you are in a bad mood. It might also help to make a list of all the things that put you in a bad mood, and either try to avoid them, or if you can't avoid them because it's things you HAVE to do, then be prepared, and as soon as you can afterwards, do something to put yourself into a good mood.

I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.