I'm really scared now.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I hate this I can't be myself I have every single symptom of a heart attack or angina and I am getting really scared now I don't know what to do I have had these feelings for nearly 2 weeks now I feel as if I am letting everyone down I have been the doctors and they have checked my blood and I can't go and see them yet I want to be my self again I don't know if this is health anxiety or something else!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dom wat symptoms RU having?? I can tell you know its definitely NOT a heart attack if you ave been like this for two weeks.. I'm a HCA in a hospital and would know a wee bit! I too have wat I think is cardiac related symptoms.. I was diagnosed with irregular heartbeat but at times it can race off or feel like its beating irregular like vibrations etc really weird .I get dreadful chest pains like a dull ache n goes into back of left shoulder. I wake majority of notes with pounding heart palpitations shortness of breath dizzy weakness sweaty the list can go on I've had all major tests and got the all clear hut still something deep inside me is not convinced! So in that wen I have these attacks which are extremely scarey and at times I think all the wat ifs... I kinda stop that now and I'm dealing with health anxiety which I think u cud be.. Ave u had tests done etc
    • Posted

I have been having chest pain heartburn pain in arms constant worry and not wanting to go out I always feel tired I wake up feeling soo scared and then okay again then comes the dreadful worry all day long, I want to know if it is anxiety or angina or something like that! also I need to know if health anxiety is life long or can it ever be completely managed.
  • Posted

Dom please tell me how old you are, and do you have any other pressures in your life at the moment other than your health issues?
    • Posted

I am 18 and I am overweight and I have been having these scary feelings for a long time now and I just want them gone I had a very hard time with anxiety last year but it went for 8/9 months this constant worry about health is really starting to drain me!
    • Posted

I am fairly certain that you are not suffering from a heart condition, but what I do think is maybe the problem is anxiety, as it can play strange tricks on the mind and the body.

If you are not currently seeing your doctor or taking any treatment may I suggest that you should make an appointment for just that purpose.

If and when you see your doctor you should be completely honest and up-front with the problems you are having, and in that way your doctor will know how best to help you.

Please let me know how you go on.

• Posted

Not a chance at your age.

All the symptoms point to anxiety, but get it checked out.

• Posted

Thank god. What are your beliefs about curing anxiety? Is It possible

• Posted

Hi Dom

I was about your age when I started having issues with anxiety/panic attacks and then there was nowhere like here to come for advice.  I thought I was either going mad or dying.  You don't have heart issues, think about it these symptoms have been going on 2 weeks so something would have happened by now.  Also the feelings of not wanting to go out, the fear is all anxiety.  I know it's really hard but the first step is to totally accept that it is anxiety that you have.  That way you can remind yourself when you feel pain or other symptoms that it is not real and it's your mind playing tricks on you.  With regards to curing anxiety I think there are certain types of people (including myself) which are always going to be predisposed to it.  However I am now 40 and have add moments in my life of terrible crippling anxiety but I have also led a full and happy life.  For me walking helps, maybe go to your GP and ask for some CBT or other therapy.  Personally the only thing that works for me is anti depressants but we are all very different.  I would also recommend you don't hide away from life and no matter how scared you are get out there and do what you normally would.  I have found this has helped me massively as I was at one stage too scared of my anxiety to carry on normally.  Hope this helps xx

• Posted

Dom, you are unlikely to get anywhere with it unless you see your GP who may refer you to counselling and/or give you an appropriate medication to help you.

There all sorts of so-called self-help cures, but at your age you really do need a professionally trained person to give you a hand, and by that I mean a doctor.

There is no short-term fix for anxiety conditions, but with the correct help the long-term prognosis is good.

Just please don't try to go it alone, as getting back any quality of life will only take longer.

• Posted

Totall agree with archemedes do NOT try and go it alone, you need support, advice and help.  Don't struggle on your own, be open to family if you can, it helps when you are honest and open with people that love and support you.
    • Posted

I'm virtually anxiety free,I had it bad. 

The fact you thought you've had other illnesses also points to anxiety.Lou is right,you need to get out and get active. You say you're over weight? Get down the gym mate,it done me the world of good. Not only did I get fit,it took my mind off  my pseudo symptoms. A good workout with give me  4-5 anxiety free hours,as I always felt great after gym session.

I found this on a web-site,I know it doesn't mention heart failure,but it proves what anxiety can do to your body.

http://www.thestkittsnevisobserver.com/2007/03/09/health1a.htm

P.S. Don't you start googling,because if you look hard enough,you'll come across something that will upset you. 

• Posted

Did you know what your biggest fear was? And you say about the fact you would get 4 to 5 hours anxiety free Was this when you were at your worst?
    • Posted

My biggest fears were neurological disorders. I started fretting about having MS,and before the week was out I was convinced I had ALS. To this day I still won't watch movies based on neurological illnesses,tis a same as The Theory of Everything and Still Alice look like cracking movies. It's not that I'm worried about having these illnesses,it's just I don't like sad movies,and these type films remind me of a bad time in my life.

I used to workout before I suffered fron anxiety,and in a funny way,the gym was the reason why I ended up with anxiety. I was an idiot,I was trying to lift weights that blokes twice my size were lifting,and this led to a neck injury (my head felt too heavy for my neck). After a week,I started to google my symptoms,worst mistake of my life. I stopped going to the gym for about 4 months, which wasn't a problem,as I was barely eating (food made me feel sick,had to force myself to eat,and what was weird,I never felt hungry,and this went on for months). I started taking medication,but it had no effect on me whatsoever (good or bad),so I came off them and returned to the gym,and hey presto,I began feel better. I was mess,when I returned to the gym,it wasn't easy, but I persevered,and it got easier the more I went. I still do weights,but cardio is far more important to me now, I'd rather be healthy than buff. The gym's not for everyone,in fact, I hate going,but my appetite is back,and I'll end up huge if I don't go. If you're feeling self conscious about being overweight,go for a run when no one's about,I regularly go for 4:30am runs when I'm on shift work,or fill your MP3 player with a load of tunes,and go on a bike ride. Stephen Fry (I've just googled Stephens Fry name just in case I spelt his first name wrong and Stephen Hawking popped up lol) filled his MP3 player with talking books and shifted a load of weight buy walking.

Someone as young as you Dom should be out enjoying themselves,don't let anxiety takeover your life mate,nip it in the bud before it goes to far. I thought I was bad,but my Missus is a psychiatric nurse,and she claims my symptoms were nothing compared to what she's seen,I dread to think what they must be going through. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.