I’m really struggling with horrendous sweats and huge anxiety despite being on hrt

Posted , 6 users are following.

My hrt has recently been changed as was bleeding excessively on the first one. My first month on the new one was amazing but I’m now back to having the worst hot flushes 24/7 and my anxiety is through the roof. Can anyone recommend herbal things as well as hrt as really can’t cope with this 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha

It sounds like the new hrt still has to settle, it can take 3 months to get to the optimum dose. I think you probably feel worse because of the change over. I'm in a similar boat, felt great at month 4 but gradually the old symptoms including anxiety, are creeping back in. I'll be looking to change the dose again, but in the meantime I use:

Daytime kalm tablets

Nighttime kalm tablets

Chalmomile tea

Argnit (homeopathy remedy)

Bach flower remedies

Mindful meditation

Exercise

I'm hoping a change of dose is going to ramp the feel good factor again, but good luck with yours!! Xx

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply. I’m really struggling with all of this. I’m really not coping well. I’m going to try sage tablets,red clover and black cohosh. Have no clue if these will help and I’ve read that the black cohosh can make some women feel quite sick. At this stage I’m willing to try anything xxx
    • Posted

I’ve read a lot about Bach flower also. Is this in tablet form. What symptoms do you find it helps with. Xxx
    • Posted

Be careful of black cohosh if you have hi blood pressure. You can also try valerian root.
    • Posted

Hi Samantha

I use the rescue remedy, basically it's like a little sos in a bottle. It's liquid, you can put 4 drops on your tongue, or in water and it just takes the edge of the nerves... I find it really good. Don't get me wrong, there isn't an easy non med fix, but some will give you back a bit of comfort when it hits the fan xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.