I'm scared!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been taking 30/500 cocodamol for about 4 years, in some cases nearly 20 a day to get the original feeling it gave me, I am now taking 8/500 however still taking nearly 20, I am so scared I want to get off of them, I don't know how, I have noticed that my urine is cloudy now and I am sure that I am messing up my Kidneys. I really don't know where to start, do i go cold turkey???

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do not go cold turkey or you will start rattling and end up using more. Try and stay on a relatively safe amount until you can get to your GP, demand an emergency appointment or even ask for the gp to phone you. If you can temporarily replace cocodamol with something which doesn't contain paracetamol until you get to a doctor then do so. But even a doctor would not advise cold turkey, it can turn pretty nasty. Don't rush yourself and keep in mind this is a process. Really routing for you. Keep me posted. X
    • Posted

I'll keep you posted on my journey, I am under no illusions that this could take months. I'm staying with family for christmas hopefully they can make it easier. x 
    • Posted

Take it day by day if you can try reducing like by two a day try ! You will feel like you've won a small battle !!! I've only took two of my codiene today instead of my three and that's my victory lap just finish lol Celebrate the small things honey as it's a long hard road x
  • Posted

The opiate addiction can be treated but the very high levels of paracetamol will destroy your liver.

20 a day is 10grams of paracetamol to get at the codeine. I would imaging some liver toxicity. Maybe you should get a liver function test. (LVT)

Good luck

• Posted

Speak with your doctor about getting off your current pain medication and switching to Suboxone. Whether your use is for chronic pain or physical dependence or addiction. Suboxone is used for all of those. It does produce withdrawals after a lengthy period of time just like any other opiate, but many people report better functionality and overall "normal" feeling. Suboxone is thirty to forty times stronger than morphine and many people will deny it works for pain and only for recovering addicts, but this is entirely NOT true. The U.S uses it more frequently to treat opiate addiction but it is used just like hydrocodone or Norco in other countries and is very effective. Good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.