I'm scared......

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have been taking my Betahistine tablets for 4 weeks now - they have been great, but last Thursday I had an episode and didn't go into work. Friday I felt okay and went back to work only to be sent home because I was hit by another episode! !! Can anyone tell me whether they still get affected while on Betahistine? Because I'm getting scared now that I'm getting used to them. My doctor gave me Cinnarizine to try but I kept getting acid reflux - so I've reverted back to Betahistine

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your problems, i'm on betahistine for 3 months, 24 mg twice/day. I haven't experienced any new episodes altough i get brain fog and mostly dizzy all day. But then again, maybe my dizziness comes from another source. Maybe you should talk with your doc about raising the dose?, Also cut off salt, coffeine, anything that thickens blood.

• Posted

Hi I asked my doctor if I could have a higher dosage, but he said there wasn't a higher one! !! I have cut out caffeine and salt - but some smells actually set it off...I have taken Prochlorperazine aswell today and I do feel better....at least I havent had an attack

• Posted

What doze of betahistine are you taking exactly? And what do you mean with the smells? If you smell something you get rid of the simptoms? Can you describe how the atacks occured? What did you feel exactly? Room spining? Left/right/vertical? Did the simptoms worsen with head movement or in a particular position? Do you have problems with your neck? Pain or something like that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.