I'm scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just had my bartholin's cyst drained two days ago. I know it's healing there is no pain and the swelling has gotten smaller. But! Sometimes it hurts because it's kinda dry and tender and my skin is moving like it might be trying to go back to it original form. Is it normal that it hurts a lot when healing? I'm scared it might be because it's getting worst and not actually healing. Please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

try salt baths twice daily ... 

Jay xx

• Posted

What if it popped and started bleeding? My doctor put a catheter to help for a month. And warned me about discharges. I don't think I've ever had a discharge so I'm kinda scare of what to expect. Should I go see the doctor if I popped and started bleeding?
    • Posted

they should have popped it for you in the hospital. When they drained it. If you have a catheter in there and its still bleeding I would go back
  • Posted

Yes,

that is normal. Its going to feel bruised and sore. It will heal and you will feel a lot better, but until then do sitz bath and try not to touch the area. Once you feel down there and there is no ball, I would say its okay to do normal functions. I have had 4 of these and they heal rather quickly as long as you are nice to your body.

Dont let fear get to your head. I have had endless weeks of depression and it doesnt do any good.

=)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.