I'm scared about my blood test results. High A/G Ratio. 24 years old!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone here is my blood test results:

My A/G ratio was 2.3 but my Albumin level was 5.1 and Globulin Level was 2.3 According to the chart that I received from the testing center. Everything is within normal range except for my A/G ratio. I'm scared I have cancer or something just as bad. I have been having stomach issues my gastro thought I had kidney stones, but urine and all tests have come clean; even a CT scan. Is this normal to have charts like this? I'm only 24 and I'm scared!

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, why did you do the tests in the first place? do you have any symptoms? Before you get yourself really scared, please look at the reference below. Since you did not provide a normal range for your lab, I look up just an average one. Might be little wrong, but in any case your results do not look that much off (actually within normal according to the chart below, I highlighted relevant data). 

Protein, Total, Serum

Male (g/dL) Female (g/dL)

<1 Month 4.1-6.3 4.2-6.2

1-5 Months 4.7-6.7 4.4-6.6

6-11 Months 5.5-7.0 5.6-7.9

1-19 Years 6.3-8.2 6.3-8.2

=20 Years 6.1-8.1 6.1-8.1

Albumin 3.6-5.1 3.6-5.1

Globulin Male Female

g/dL (calc) g/dL (calc)

<6 Months 1.3-2.4 1.3-2.1

6-11 Months 1.7-3.0 1.2-2.4

1-19 Years 2.1-3.5 2.0-3.8

=20 Years 1.9-3.7 1.9-3.7

Albumin/Globulin Ratio 1.0-2.5 (calc)

• Posted

Hi. My 20-year-old son has very similar blood work results (A/G ratio 2.1, Albumin 5.0, Globulin 2.4), and he has also had gastro issues. They even took his gallbladder out thinking that was the problem. He had another abdominal ultrasound today, so we're waiting on those results. Have you found anything else out? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.