I'm scared because my brain doesn't work properly

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello guys!

For around a week, I've been suffering with horrible brain fog, or something like that! I feel like my brain is not working properly!!! I feel like I have blank moments, for example, when I'm talking with someone, I sometimes simply can't imagine what the person is talking about! I understand, but I my imagination is dying! it takes me few seconds to "get into" situation what the person is talking about! Or when I see a picture, I know what is on picture, but my brain takes it very shallow. Moreover, I sometimes get blank in thinking, like my brain stops working in the middle of thinking! I also feel little detached from my imagination, fantasy, thoughts, memories! It causing me so much anxiety and I'm really scared that I'm developing dementia or other serious disease that damage my brain functions forever!!! I got MRI scan recently and it came normal. I got that scan, because I probably suffer from migraines...my headache is not as severe, but I have aura like light spots in vision, fatigue, dizziness and so on...

Maybe I was little stress out during these days, but I can't believe that my anxiety is on the level that causes my brain fog...but I have severe anxiety and panic history and now it's getting back because I'm so worried about my brain

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey, that all sounds very familiar. I think a lot of us can feel like that from time to time. I know it happens to me when I have a lot going on in my life and friends, work, family are all expecting too much from me at the same time.

Of course worrying about whats happening to us makes us worse, and more anxious, its a vicious circle.

The way i deal with it, I know my limits, I know when I need some down time on my own, and I make sure I get it. It does pass, and tomorrow is always a new day.

Its a horrible feeling, you might not know what day it is, or where you were going .. you need to stop and take a deep breath. Give yourself time to think calmly, it will come back to you, and if you were in conversation when it happened, try and laugh it off, we all have so called senior moments when we are stressed.

Hope this helps a bit.

All the best x

• Posted

Welcome to the club friend 😃

i suffer from anxiety and in the last few months my memory got bad ..

i cant remember when was the last time i fueled my car or sometimes i cant concentrate because i am thinking about why i cant concentrate lol ..

anyhow its normal .. right now im learning about a specific subject and i noticed that my memory is actually very good and i can remember almost everything .. dont try to test yourself because you'll get more annoyed from it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.