I’m scared I have herpes

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m worried that I may have herpes, I’ve been to the emergency room twice in the last 2 weeks. I recently had a new partner and he gets tested for everything once a month. Since seeing him a few weeks ago I’ve been itchy on my right labia minora and the tissue looks and feels different. I have to use a magnified mirror to see the difference, how small can herpes sores be? How long do they last before bursting? The ER doctor tested me for gonorrhea & chlamydia, and also did a culture swab of the area for herpes but I still don’t have my results. I don’t know what a herpes outbreak looks like, I’ve looked for pictures online but most are of severe cases that look nothing like what I’m experiencing. The doctor told me it doesn’t look like herpes and said my tissue looks normal but he only looked at me for about 30 seconds, and wouldn’t use a speculum because I’m “too young.” I’m 18 years old. What are the stages of herpes and how long does an outbreak last? I’m absolutely terrified and have been losing sleep. Someone please help me out. If I could speak with someone who has maybe been diagnosed with herpes and can recognize herpes sores it would be greatly appreciated, I can provide close up pictures upon request. I know that I can’t rely on this website for proper diagnosis but it would be comforting to speak to someone who has been through this.. thank you. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.