I'm scared I'm going to die, reassurance?

Posted , 16 users are following.

So I've always had quite bad anxiety when I was younger (I'm 18 now, just) and I used to feel like my heart was going too fast and have panic attacks etc) for years but then I had therapy and it really help and substituted a substantial amount. However, for about 3 weeks now I've had such a strange feeling in my head it's hard to describe... It's become constant and now it's the first thing I think of when I wake and go to sleep. My anxiety is very very very bad and I'm constantly scared I'm going to die about such little things my friends things I'm mad. The feeling in my head is no pain whatsoever it's just like a floaty kind of feeling as if I'm not really with it and moving kinda sometimes. Hard to explain. My friends mum also had a brain amurism in December which absolutely scared the life out of me and I think I've been scared ever since. Please someone tell me I'm not going to die and that this horribly weird feeling in my head is just my anxiety?! That's what the doctor said but I just can't convince myself and I never want to go out cos I'm too scared! Please reply. Thanks 

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hun I'm 22 I have had it all my life too but in October it's the worst I've ever had since it sunk me into depression really bad and I'm still convinced that I haven't got long left I freak at everything I feel like im in a 80 year old body just waiting everyday for it worrying about it 😯 it's exhausting and make you feel crappie but nothing we can do then try our hardest to ignore it cbt hasn't helped one bit and it feels I'm alone but I'm not I know there's plenty of people like me I'm 99% sure it's anxiety hun have you been to doctors xx
    • Posted

I went the other week but it wasn't my actual doctor is was someone covering for him. I'm definitely going back I'm just scared to go anywhere dos my head feels so weird all the time so I think I'm dying ha so gay xx
    • Posted

God !! You sound like me haha I'm in middle of a "break down " shall I ring doctors haha but honestly I can say that deep down you know it's anxiety it's so hard to believe and makes you belive different I'm going through the exact same feeling but different reasons iv already been through the head thing xx
    • Posted

Hahaha I love seeing that people feel the exact same (obviously horrible you feel that way) but it reassures me haha. I'm going to the doctors this morning however this is the first time ive woke up and not actually felt too bad. Hope u feel okay soon xx
  • Posted

Dear Holly, sorry to hear about your condition but what seems the real problem is your anxiety and you havd taken your anxiety to the advance level by thinking and puting constant pressure on your head so first thing is that you need to relax i know its easy to tell but i have been through different stages of panic and anxiety and now its in my control so first thing is you need to relax and how you do its tottaly upto you do whatever you enjoy and with the passage of time this brain fog and pressure will be gone now its upto you if you like to see GP or psychiatric. cheers and have loads of fun GOD bless u
    • Posted

Thank you so much. I was just so close to calling the out of hours doctors cos I feel so weird but going to wait to go normal doctors tomorrow just to thoroughly reassure myself. At least I know this 'brain fog' is anxiety however it's so hard to convince myself and not feel it. But obviously I'm still going to feel it for a while! Any tips on how to relax ? Thanks again x
    • Posted

just to relax you can think of anything which gives you feeling of happiness, joy and relief or go to any friend you like you can give it a try to deep breathing but in very coll and calm way so you can relax just take deep breaths count 5 seconds and release it slowly and you will feel the difference cheers
  • Posted

Hey,

Im katie and im 22. I have really bad anxirty/depression about dying. I hate the thought thats its a FOREVER thing . It scares me . I then get anxiety which can last for a few hours or a few days, with on and off panic attacks . This has been particuarly bad the last 6 months . I am due to see a doctor tommorow to see what they might be able to help with ive herd anti depressants may help . I have a really good job and fiance and im pushing them all away . My work is suffering . I have started drinking in the evenings as a coping mechanism which is fine for then but in the morning my anxiety is much worse. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!! ILL let you know how the doctors gos. Have you thought about seeing someone? 

Please stay in touch 

• Posted

Hi that's the same as me a think am going to die 24/7 can't get it out my head so horrible wish it would go away sorry u fell the same way
  • Posted

Could you be subconsciously thinking about your friends' Mum'd aneurism? (When my Grandmother died years ago of a heart attack, for months I felt chest pains every night when going to sleep (around the time she died) as I was terrified I was going to die of the same thing - I was 11 with no history of any heart trouble). 

It is possible that your previuous anxiety issues have surfaced. However, you have the advantage of knowing the symptoms this time around, so if you are careful and try really hard, you can hopefully (with the help of people around you) recover again. 

• Posted

Is it like an intense feeling that feels almost too real to withstand? Like a headshock or buzzing sensation in the brain? I get it when im about to go to sleep or when im waking up. I have the thought that Im going to die one day and the thought seems to be too intense that my brain cant handle it and it feels like my brain gets shocked. Its the most bizzare feeling. It also feels like Im suffocating a little.
  • Posted

Fear kills dreams, fear can age you or it can even destroy you, if you let it. People are afraid of dying when they know they're going to die one day, nothing is forever remember that not your anxiety nothing at all. One year down the track you will laugh it off, in the meantime don't let the thought of death hold you back from life, life indeed is precious and trust me when I say this as a person who survived through health anxiety from hell I wasted two years of my life constantly worrying until I realised it was not getting me anywhere don't make the same mistake that I did. Live everyday as if it was your last, pursue your dreams and smash them.

Psychostein.

• Posted

When I was only 10 there was a gas smell coming from the floorboards and my mother kept telling me that we would need to evacuate one day and i would probably die. I have been worried sick ever since (I'm 15 now) although we had a gas technician come in and sort out the problem. I have been so anxious that I will die of some cause, soon, very soon. I am scared to ride in a car or any other vehicle in case it crashes and i die. I'm scared to go out alone or at night incase I get kidnapped and die. I'm practically scared of everything now. You're not going through this alone, my friend. I promise.

• Posted

I know this is a old thread but was just seeing if any one is still reading this ..

I don't know what happened to me and it's mad to explain and I hope some one can help me ..xxx..

Im 25 and I was sitting on the sofa after putting my 2 kids to sleep 4 and 2

My world world my little babbies😍

I was listening to music and something just kicked in to my mind that I was gonna die my little men that someday will also die 4 ever ..WE LIVE EVERYDAY BUT ONLY DIE ONCE

You know your die your not stuppied but the feeling was crazy I had chills running up and down my spin my chest was hurting and I said ohhh my im gonna die ..... You come in to this world so innocent knowing nothing living life like it's not gonna end go work go school everyday same routines but you never sit there and question your existence how long do I have how am i going to die and be Leila and mummy one day to a corpse it just makes life feel sooo sad and heart breaking that on of the days in the week that we just do our normal everyday routines will be a day I die the clock we use so much that we basically run our whole life around theses numbers that my death will be called at ... a chirsmas a birthday that me my boys won't be there for ....

I don't know how for really coupe I really hate it when people say your not gonna know your dead... like really guys... I fell like death scares me because of the nothiness the emptiness the whole not being there but your there thing the rotting is kind of the resson why I do not want to be buried!!!! It's got so bad I can't think about nothing else it's cause sleep eating issues ....errrr it p*sses me off why do we have to go like this ...

It has made me value life so much more rather then the materiel things in it just spending time with my kids is the only thing that matters because everything you own every qualifications you have got in your life does not matter when you go the one and only thing matters is how your remembered the stories that will be told the birthdays the Christmas that you spent together

That's what matters cause as long as your still in people's hearts you are always living

so depressing I know ..... life is so dam important and we only get a set time to live the only thing we are guaranteed in life is Death .....

I dont know how I am going to over come this but regardless of i do or don't it will never change the out come .....

JUST BE HAPPY WHILE YOUR STILL HERE TELL EVERYONE YOU LOVE THAT YOU LOVE EVERDAY AND TELL YOUR CHILDERN THERE BEAUTIFUL THERE STRONG AND NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE YOU STILL LOVE THEM AND WHEN YOU MISS ME JUST LOOK UP TO THE STAR AND WILL BE WATCHING THE SAME STAR SO YOU KNOW IM NEVER THAT FAR A WAY

Xxxx

• Posted

Hello I’m going thru the exact same thing.. About a year ago my brother in law had a  stroke due to an AVM that ruptured and I was there when it happened and it messed me up really bad. I live my life everyday in fear of dying. My anxiety got worse after that.. I’ve been to the my doctor and he gave me pills for it. It sux I feel like I’m dead inside. I just feel it getting worse.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.