I’m scared my heart is going to stop.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys, I just recently got diagnosed with Ane but I’ve been suffering from annoying feelings in my left arm and sometimes chest pains. I went to the hospital and they did a ecg but it came back fine but they took my blood and my hemoglobin was 7😰 well they gave me ferrous sulphate to take but I was still in sm pain so I went back like 2times. I was going to get a blood transfusion but they gave me an iron infusion instead. They gave me a second ekg and even a chest X-ray but I’ve really been scared that I am going to have a heart attack or my heart is going to stop. I’m just really scared and it’s effecting my sleep.... my hemoglobin went up to a 9 but still I feel pain and I scared I am going to die at any minute. Please tell me I’m not going crazy.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You’re not going crazy. My Haemoglobin was 8.3; I was sure I was going to die, I was dizzy, everything kept gong black, pins and needles. Hanging the washing out was such an ordeal I thought I would never ger back in the house. The exhaustion was overwhelming, my heart was almost jumping out of my chest. It took three months of ferrous sulphate, and I felt normal. My ferritin was normal, and my iron was in the good range. Please believe me, in a few months you will feel ok. Anaemia makes you feel dreadful, but is easily cured, your levels are still very low, they will get better.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply😭 rn I am witnessing so much pain In the top part half of my body and  and I’m convinced I am going to die like... I’m having heart attack symptoms/ heart failure but my ecg and chest x/Ray was good. But I’m just scared like tonight I’m scared to sleep because I have this bad fear of think my heart is going to stop 

• Posted

You’re having panic attacks, your heart is ok, you won’t die in your sleep, it’s the anaemia making you feel so ill, believe me, you’re not having a heart attack.

I know how you feel, I’ve been there, I’m ok now, you will be too. Please don’t worry so much.

• Posted

I too had all of these symptoms. It took 4 months for me to start feeling better after my iron infusions and blood came back within normal limits. I felt like a zombie most days and could barely breath and was out of energy as soon as I walked to the kitchen. I too suffereds from panic and major anxiety. Thank God for the low dose of lorazepam that was prescribed to help me deal. .25mg daily or even twice a day helped tremendously and aquatic therapy. Being in the pool relaxed my nervous system. I also started somatic Experiencing therapy and still do this therapy as it is helping to get through the traumatic feelings of hopeless and helplessness that I suffered. It has been said that for as long as I was sick, I may need therapy and more coping skills to learn how to be unsick. I am extremely grateful for the one on one support as discussing my ailings and daily symptoms made my family feel as I was incapable of being included with any daily functions and such. They did this to help but the alienation made things worse. It is nice to have a therapist who is listens and guides without judgement. I would also recommend to get an application on your phone if you can called "insight timer". It is a great meditation app, self regulation tool and calms your inner self. They have many options but I particularly love the trickling water and beach wave sounds. White noise, for me a great escapesmile

• Posted

HI there...

Anemia can certainly cause all the symptoms that you are experiencing so rest assured that as your counts increase your symptoms will decease. You should also get your B12 levels checked as general anemia and low B12 go hand in hand. The anxiety is more common with B12 deficiencies. I have had both due to celiacs so I know how you feel. Although it is hard to deal with the negative effects.....you WILL get better. Try not to be impatient as it can sometimes take time for levels to climb.

Best of luck and keep smiling.

• Posted

Hi taliyah 

I could of written your post! My iron levels are 5 😭 and I’m constantly worried about my heart stopping and dying in my sleep - I thought it was just me who felt this way!

I’m sorry I can’t offer any advice but it’s good that you’ve had lot’s of kind, supportive and positive replies 😊

Just to say I’m here if you want someone to talk to, I understand how scary it is but we can get through this and get better!

Xx

• Posted

How are you feeling now? Reading your posts and it really seems like you are experiencing panic attacks..I hope you're feeling better now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.