I'M SCARED PLEASE HELP ME!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm a 15 year old boy

About a month or 2 ago I had mucus on the side of my stool for a couple of days and it went.

Now for the last week I've had some blood and mucus in my stool there isn't a lot of blood but it's enough that I can see it.

I've been to see a doctor and they are booking me in for a blood test and they think it could be IBD or IBS and I'm just really worried that it might be something else.

My Symptoms are: 

Sometimes a bloated stomach

Blood and mucus in stool ( more of the mucus though )

No pain at all through this which is weird?

Diarrea

Lots of constipation 

I'll take any help honestly, and also no past family history of anything serious.

Please help. Will be appreciated!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It does sound like IBS.  I know you are scared but the more upset and stressed you get makes it more likely for symptoms to carry on or even get worse. Your doctor is doing the right thing by getting you checked out.  Don't read any horror stories about IBS if it is IBS it can be treated with medication and you trying to de-stress and relax. There is no past family history to worry about so how ever scared you are feeling please try to stop worrying and possibly make you symptoms worse.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

• Posted

Thankyou Lynn my mum says I worry way to much and says the things you said. I really do appreciate you replying back. It's just that the blood really scared me a little. 

• Posted

Hi Lynn I keep seeing blood in my stools and is that anything to do with it ? 
    • Posted

Like your mum said you are worrying too much. It is important to tell the doctor about any new symptoms you may get, sometimes you get pain, diarrhoea, constipation, mucus, blood with IBS and sometimes blood can be due to piles if you have been constipated or even due to having a lot of diarrhoea.  PLEASE stop constantly checking what you have done in the loo and as I have said before stress and worry can make IBS symptoms worse so please try and relax and take care of yourself.

• Posted

You're welcome, stop stressing and don't be afraid to confide in your mum - it's what mums are for.

Try relaxing and get a good nights sleep.

• Posted

Try not to worry. You have done the right thing by seeing your GP. The blood test will tell if you have any inflammation. It is unlikely to be anything other than IBS or IBD and and your doctor will have that investigated! Worrying about it will only make you feel worse! You have youth on your side and with the correct medication you will be ok! Meantime try to eat healthily and exercise as much as you can! Let us know how you get on! Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. And I will do! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.