I'm scared that I might have Hodgkins Lymphoma, or anything similar!

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past three days, my body temperature has been shifting between 37.0 to 37.7, but never higher than that. In the morning and afternoon, it can even drop down to a high 36 degrees, so these fever only happen at night. I've also been experiencing some pain at the top of my head but it has since died down. I searched up the symptoms, and I do not experience fatigue or night sweats or severe itching or weight loss or chills. However, I felt around under my ear and under my jaw, there is a hard pea-sized lump under. It doesn't hurt to touch, and i can't move it. There are only two that I've felt. I'm concerned because I don't have a cough or colds (just a headache) or anything like that, so there's no infection. I felt this area a few weeks ago, it wasn't there, but just tonight, I felt it. I'm really scared! PLEASE HELP! I sleep late all the time, so maybe thats it?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your temperature is definitely not raised as it would have to be above 38 and can vary on an hourly basis as does mine and 1000s of people's absolutely normal

As for pea sized lumps behind ears is also common and points to infections as in a cold, sore throat, ear inflammation and many other things.

I'm presuming you are younger and scared by reading Dr Google, that will misdiagnose you most definitely and scare the life out of you.

If you still have the inflammation and are still worried make an appointment to see your GP and explain your concerns.

Take a couple of paracetamol if you are OK with them (if you are not sure then check with parents if your under 16)drink plenty of fluids and rest up and no alcohol to let your body repair itself.

Most of all stop checking symptoms on line and take care

• Posted

It could be just a hard nodule that has been there for awhile and you just noticed it. They sometime appear around the bony surface on your body. If your headache persists , don't wait go to your doctor. More than likely it's not anything serious but to put your your mind at ease go to the doctor, now. Blessing and Healing to you.

• Posted

the pea sized lumps u are feeling are glands

• Posted

temperatures are considered normal if they are under 38 if they are over 38 they are signs of an infection

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.