I’m scared to go outside.. What should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I am new to this site. I’ve been having so anxiety for along time. I always wear the same clothes outside I wear everything dark, so that people don’t notice me. I used to wear different clothes everyday outside but I got noticed a lot by people, now that I have anixety I tend to wear the same black clothing, I do not like it. I also wear a sweater with my hood up to hide from people outside. I’m scared that people will be mean because back then people used to be very mean to me. I’m also really pale and I guess people aren’t used to seeing pale people here. I’m really self conscious about that also. I try it hide from people because I am scared. I’m only 14 years old. I really hope anyone could give me any advice or just help me. Thank you.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think the admin will direct you to your own age group...but I just want to say good luck and is it possible for you to speak with your school counselor?? Just be very up front and honest with him or her and chances are they can help you. Best wishes to you! Somehow it will all work out ok!
    • Posted

I am homeschooled now because of my anxiety. I can’t go outside I general, I do have a counselor. Nothing works though.
    • Posted

I’ve tried all of those basic things before but nothing is still helping me. I can’t go to regular school yet until my mental health is better. I’m homeschooled. My counselor comes every week to my house. Basically everything’s at home. I’m taking medication. I went to the hospital. Doesn’t matter what age I am, I still just need some help or advice on how not be afraid of people?
  • Posted

There are points in ur life where bigger things are gunna matter, feeling judged or thinking about what people think or do/say bout u wont matter when u become an adult. What I think u should do is develop urself and create a goal. We all feel judged, and we can all get paranoid, but, u gotta throw them over ur shoulder, I.e. wat people may think and all that, in this stage in ur life, ur gunna be an adult and become mature through experience, only through hardships and experience, u will not care about these things, therefore u'll toughen. Bring out that glow in u girl, show the world u aint afraid, cuz people will otheriwise take advantage of u or hurt u, grow strength from the things that have knocked u down, bounce back up on ur feet, persevere, I was once 14 and had to deal with bullies, and now im out of school and succeeeding- success is the best revenge, but if anyone in worse situations or people like me can do it, so can u. Never be afraid cuz those become barriers, build urself, bigger things r gunna come up in ur life n u wont have time to be afraid but embrace things, u can do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.