I'm so excited to have found this group! SHAMPOO?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just found out all of my hair products are about as "dirty" as it gets🙄 Wondering if anyone has a shampoo and conditioner they can recommend???

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi jaynewayt

Don't get too excited, hardly any help on this site, at best few and far in between. Hope you have some replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have had Lichen Planus body rash for last six months. Doctor prescribed steroids for itching, and Dermatologist prescribed Aceretin as rash very persistent.

Side effects of both were not pleasant, so trying to go natural route now. Been using purist Aloe Vera lotion I can find for last week and rash lot better, also using Aveeno products in shower and sulphate free shampoos. These vary in price from ORX shampoos and conditioner in Boots, to Liz Earle. Think avoiding anything that might exacerbate condition is good idea.

Good luck, hope things work out for you, it's a horrible complaint.

Think mine came on due to stress over last 3 years, and the more you stress the worse it gets.

• Posted

Yes I believe mine was and is brought on by stress too! I'm now trying to eliminate anything from my medicine cabinet that can possibly make it worse, thanks for your input !

• Posted

Think shampoo is OGX not what I put originally, the Aloe Vera lotion is available on Amazon and you can use it on hair as well as body. I am happier now I have come off prescription drugs, as side effects horrible.May be a coincidence that things have suddenly got better as Lichen Planus can sort itself naturally after 6 to 18 months. Also doing Pilates class, this & Yoga can reduce stress.

• Posted

Thanks for all your input, this is the most I've ever seen. A great help, I've had LP for a year and stopped steroid cleam and tabs 5months ago.

Will definately be trying your suggestions

• Posted

Hi, I changed to E45 for sensitive skin. No nasty chemicals and it is moisturising. I use the shower cream and the shampoo. I used to have flaky scalp but no problems now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.