I'm so scared.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I'm pretty desperate as I'm having a terrible time with whatever is happening to me. I've been having chest pains, heart burn, heart palps, coughing, arm pains, electric shocks etc. I'm so scared it's my heart or something life threatening. I currently have an ear infection and when I focused in on the pain of that my chest pains and stuff suddenly went away. I'm not sure what that means. If this really is anxiety or if I'm really having heart problems. I feel like I'm having a heart attack pretty much everyday and I'm so scared. Has anyone gone through this? I feel so weird and just not well. I have had tests done last month so I did get medical attention just in case. I don't have health insurance so Idk if I should go back if this is serious. I have terrible health anxiety and every pain I think the worst. I'd appreciate any reply or advice.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ok listen if you have an ear infection, any infection it makes things worse. The ear infection will clear up. Antibiotics mean drink more water to keep hydrated. I know you know this is  not your heart. You are cycling panic attacks. I have had that when stressed or worried about stuff myself. It really truely sucks. Do you have something you can use to help you calm down?  I hope you feel better. I can promise you we all know what you are going through.  If you have a heating pad maybe set it on warm and lay it in your ear. If it doesnt have a cover out one it. And a little motrin for the pain. And salt water gargles are helpful the eustatian tube are behind the tonsil area and the warn salt water gargle helod kill bacteria and the gargke actiin aids drainage so its a double yay. One teaspoon of salt to a war, mug of water.three or four times a day. Play some "healing" meditations to helo relax a little bit. I know your focusing in the heart but it is panic disorder you have to accept that so those fears can settle. What i do when i get sick is i make sure everything is clutter free and very tidy and put on new bed sheets and i dont know it cheers me up..feel better. 

• Posted

I stink at typing too many typos..sorry. Lay the heating pad on ur ear not in lolĀ 
  • Posted

whilst you are focusing on your"heart pain" you are feeding the fear and anxiety this is very common when you had the ear pain the heart pain went away with anxiety we get something in our head and we focus on it always on the negative side lisa has given a very good reply and I agree with her. its horrible to live with my lovely but you can come out of it im sorry you cant afford the health insurance that really sucks im guessing you are in America? Bachs rescue remedy is very good and you can take it as often as you like but go to you tube they have lots of meditation blogs, go for long walks focus on whats around anything to distract your thinking and chamomile tea is very good. do you have to pay for therapy as well as CBT is excellent I would say do that rather than conventional medicine if you have to pay as it will challenge and change your thinking and help you cope better my love, keep strong and positive if you can 

• Posted

Your to young for a heart attack, not going to happen. And those pains ? We all get aches and pains, I know I got them prior to my panic attacks and didn't think anything of them. But after having a panic attack I would analyze every pain, but I'm starting to remember I had aches here and there before my panic attack and they meant absolutely nothing. But after my panic attack I made those aches and pains mean something, I gave them power, I googled stuff and made those aches have bigger aches, I created it all in my head, well I made a conscious decision the other day I wasn't going to give it anymore power, and have attitude that I'm going to stop adding fuel to that anxiety fire, stuff that's not even happening.

Use Chamomile tea, lavender lotion and soap, ice water, fan and wet wash cloth, mediation music, and focus on parts of your body, the breeze of the fan on you, and analyze every part of your body you feel the breeze hitting, from your toes to your finger tips.

This is what I do every time I start getting anxiety over any and every little difference I feel in my body, we all get meaningless pains, it's just people like us that are hypersensitive analyze them, we have to use some tools like the ones I mentioned above to calm ourselves down and then after calming a little then we have to understand it's all in our head and were just feeding it the more we deell on it.

• Posted

Oh yeah and like Lisa said, infections will make your anxiety worse. I had a cold during my last panic attack, and I anylized the symptoms of my cold to be bigger than a cold! Silly stuff, just remember all rational thinking goes out the window when you have any anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.