I'm so scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

My symptoms starter earlier this year when I noticed a change in my bowel habits. I was going more than normal and they were just not the same, lighter in color and less bulky. I was having wind move through my intestines that was so loud it was embarassing. It was like it would travel to my left side, set stuck, then all of a sudden roll down. Then sometime during summer I started having this pain on my left side right around my floating ribs. I felt like if I pressed on that side it would relieve the pain. It would last a day or so and then come back every couple of weeks. Now it's almost everyday I feel the pain.

My doctor thought I had SIBO and tested me for that but it was negative. He wanted me to start probiotics which I have but the pain just scares me. My stools have seemed to go back to a more normal color.

To prepare for the SIBO test I had to eat white rice, white bread, potatos without the skin, just a bland diet. I felt like maybe it had gotten better during that time. But I've also noticed after I eat brussel sprouts the pain is really bad. I can't say if I've noticed it worse after drinking. It seems like almost every meal makes it worse.

I'm just so scared I've done something to my pancreas. How is it determined if you have acute or chronic? I have been drinking more this summer but nothing severe. And this pain will not go away. I am going to call on Monday to schedule another appointment.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I will say too I've notice pain on my right side near the ribs lately. The left side pain radiates around my side to my back.
  • Posted

It could be early signs or it could be something besides pancreatitis. I'm in a very similar situation. I will say that the fact that you noticed changes with your diet might have lessened the pain could be cause for hope. I had constant pain for more than a year under my left rubes and sometimes under my right. I may have had back pain but I live with chronic back pain so I can never tell what is causing my back pain. Anyways I went from 127 to 113 pounds in less than two months and had loose, green stools. I went on a diet for one month and took a ton of supplements under a natural care provider and then I kept eating healthier, battery any gluten. I am a heavy drinker but exercise and eat very well. The pain did not go away immediately but after 6 months it was gone. Recently it is back and I have floating stools, but I am under tremendous stress right now and still drink a lot although less than I used to. U should seriously consider changing your diet. Find a health doctor. I took an amino acid to heal my stomach, then tons of vitamin a,b, and d. I ate a paleo and low sugar diet. It worked wonders. If your stomach heals then it's less work on your pancreas, gall bladder and liver so you could prevent real pancreatitis. I know three people with pancreatitis and when you have the full case you know it. You may still have a chance to heal.
    • Posted

Hi Holly,

Can I ask you have you been diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis yet if so what treatment/medications are you taking, I have it I take enzymes/vitamins

• Posted

I have had problems you describe for 6 years except constipation. I've been paranoid it's chronic pancreatitis as I used to drink lots in early 20's I'm now 33. It's worse after alcohol and has been for last year or so. I've had every test possible and nothing shows just told ibs. Mine all on left side, goes through to back and lately I get short stabbing pains all on left can be front, back or my side. and if I press area on tummy just below rib it feels better. I've researched lots over last 6 years and most people with it say it's too tender to even be hugged let alone press the area. So that makes me feel bit better. But although tests clear I can't help but worry it's being missed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.