I'm so scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been for a scan and have a 10 cm cyst on my left ovary got a appoin tment wednesday with a gynaecologist not sure what to expect can anyone help. Also been through menopause, the doc says cyst is just filled with fluid . Karen

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had similar on right ovary. Only discovered it because I was having loads of bowel problems.  When I eventually saw consultant he recommended removal of both ovaries so I didn't have same problem again. I thought about it and went for full hysterectomy as scar (for me - others could get it laparoscopically) was going to be the same. Nearly 6 months later and I feel so much better. I had been thinking so much about my bowel problems I hadn't realised that I also had bladder issues which have completely gone now.  Wish I had found out sooner. Good luck 

• Posted

Hanks wish it was over I too have bowel problems constipation will let you know what happens. It helps to talk to someone x
  • Posted

Hi karen.

I cant tell you what to expect surgery wise as im due to for surgery soon for a 14cm dermoid cyst. I just wanted to wish you luck & if you think of any questions to ask just write them down so you can ask your consultant. I do know they operate on anything from 5-6cm.

Hopefully any symptoms you do have will be gone after you have surgery.

Best wishes

Cheryl 💙

• Posted

Hi chery. Crumbs you have a bigger alien than me lurking on your bits lol . Thanks for the encouragement , I guess it's just the waiting that makes us all so nervous . When is your op .xx

• Posted

Hi karen.

I have my pre-op on tuesday so it can be anytime after that. Not really something i want to do but anything is better than being in pain.

Good luck

Cheryl.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.