I’m so scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im on week 8 of citalopram 20mg and I’m so scared. Some days are better than others but today I’ve woken with awful anxiety and I’ve been sick with it too. I just don’t know how I can keep going like this I’m frightened. I take 3.5mg of zoplicone to sleep but then when I wake at around five am, I’m just shaking and breathless. I just want it to end and I can’t see a future for me right now. Please help as I just don’t know who to turn to.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi, sorry to hear that you still suffering, it will pass i promise, it toke me about 3 good months to see improvment... i was so scared you can read my post u will see i m more relaxed now still have ups and downs but we strong and will keep going , make sure get some walkin drink plenty water read positive stories,, there is a gd book called At last a life by Paul daveis , i got it if u wan me to send it let me know 

• Posted

Thank you for the advice Ben, I just want this to end. My family tell me to fight it and it’ll get better in time but some days just feel unbearable. Once night time comes round I’m just trying to keep myself occupied because I’m terrified of the night ahead. I would really like to read that book though, someone mentioned it to me last week and I thought that it may help me.
    • Posted

no problem we all here for each other,, send me a private message so i can send you the folder,, or the link 
    • Posted

Sorry Ben I can’t workout how to send a private message. I’ve receive do one before and replied to one but not sure how to send one.
  • Posted

I just don’t know if now is the time to go up to 30mg but I’m not sure how I’ll manage the side effects. Also I can’t stop the sleeping tablets as I know that I haven’t got the anxiety under control. I just don’t want to become dependent on them.

• Posted

Gemma, I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly :-(.

Do you have a doctor's appointment coming up soon? If not, can you make an appointment for within the next day or so? I think you should go in and talk all this over with your doctor.

?If it were me, I would personally go up to 30 mg. You are already having a rough time of it, so maybe the start up effects won't even be very noticeable.

?As for the insomnia, see if the doctor will prescribe something that you can take to help with it. I've found trazedone to be effective for me, and I know many people have had good luck taking Seroquel. You could also see if the doctor will prescribe you a benzo to help you sleep, or you could take it when you wake up in a panic.

• Posted

Thank you for the advice Kelly, I wonder if it’s this bad for everyone at this stage, when I have a bad night or morning it really offsets me for the day. I called the doctors this morning and they were supposed to call me back today but they haven’t. I’m hoping that I can speak to a doctor tomorrow now.
    • Posted

Hi Lois, you take something to help you sleep don’t you? Have you taken anything for a long period of time to help with sleep or do you know anyone who has? It’s just that the doctor told me that when our bodies get used to the dose that we are taking, then we need to up the dose to keep it working, I think this is worrying me because I don’t want to become too dependent on the sleeping tablets. I took a quarter of a dose of ziploclone last night because the doctor told me to reduce my dose even further and I just don’t think that it’s helped me.
    • Posted

I have been taking ziplocone for one year the same dose ...I switched from Ambien Because ambiem helps you sleep while the ziplocone keeps you asleep..that's two different things..and I never had to upped my dose..and I never had to upped my dose with xanex or the celexa..

• Posted

The only thing I don't like with the antipsychotics meds for sleep is that they come with there drama ...unlike sleep aids..

• Posted

That’s good to know about the zoplicone thanks Lois, I don’t have trouble falling asleep it’s staying asleep that’s my problem, if I wake and become anxious then it just escalates. What are antipsychotic meds? And are sleep aids ones like zoplicone?
    • Posted

Restoril/is a benzo with sleep aids chemicals in the tablets..
    • Posted

Gemma, when do you take the ziplocone? Do you take it at bedtime, or when you wake in the night (if you wake in the night)?

?I ask because I've found it works better for me if I try to fall asleep a few hours on my own, and then take one of my Trazedone pills (I'm on a really low dose, so can take up to two a night) if I haven't slept yet, or if I've just been in a light doze (which is what I think usually happens). I then take the second pill if I'm still awake an hour or two later (or, have slept very lightly and keep waking up). I try to change what time I take the pills each night; so I don't get used to automatically taking a pill and falling asleep at the exact same time each night.

?I've also been having one or two nights a week where I don't take anything, and just see what happens;-). I remind myself that it's okay if I don't have any sleep for that night. I usually pick a night to do this where I don't have much going on the next day.

?I'm not sure if these are ideas you could try? Or, what about trying an OTC sleep aid just to see what happens? That's going to be my next step if I'm still having insomnia a few weeks from now. It would be nice to have more than one sleep aid in my cupboard that I know works for me:-).

• Posted

Thank you for the advice Kelly, I had half a zoplicone 1 hour before I went to bed last night and I slept for seven hours. I woke up really anxious though but I managed not to be sick with it which is good for me. I remained anxious for about two hours this morning but then I’ve picked up and had a good day with little or no anxiety. I’m hoping that my citalopram is starting to work too. I’m going to try and return to work next week part time for now though, so I’m going to ask the doctor if I can remain on a half dose of the zoplicone for another week because I know that going back to work will be hard for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.