I'm so scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i really need some words of wisdom from any of you who've been there-

im in a deep dark depression that consumes every moment of my existence. ive been but on 37.5 for a week, 75 for two weeks, and its now been 150 for 16 days. since being on the 150 i have zero appetite, nausea and my anxiety and depression are now at an alarming level. i only sleep by taking naps here and there and i wake in a black panic.

has anyone endured this kind of startup suffering with this stuff? what more can i expect? i need relief soon

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You may need to change meds mate. I had to. Hang in there it will get better, just keep at it.

• Posted

You will feel worse before you feel better ask your Doctor for something like diazepam to help you while they kick in. I came off them in the end and went on sertraline and found them better

• Posted

change your meds especially if its getting worse. venaflaxine may not be for you

• Posted

hi there..I started on 75mg for a month, then 112mg for another month, I've been on 150mg for 4 days now and I feel more depressed BUT my doc said slow and steady because of side effects and she wouldn't let me jump from 75mg straight 150mg????I think you've jumped too much to soon and its effecting you adversely. ...I think you should ask doc, she may lower the dose???...I know that each time you increase you get the side effects, my doc gave me diazipan which helps!I also ALWAYS feel awful first thing, wake up very anxious but by the evening I usually feel ok????bit worried about the lower mood on this dose though, like you!!!

• Posted

thank you Sue, yes I also feel awful in the morning much worse than the rest of the day. you make a good point about my having gone up too fast with the dosage. I think I should have done the 112. but since I'm in my third week now with the 150, I wonder if I shouldn't just try and push through. I'm hoping 3 week Mark is about when the side effects get better.

thithis is easily one of the hardest things I have ever gone through in my life. having no relief from the depression yet and all of this extra pain and suffering from the side effects on top of it

• Posted

• I also have to force myself to eat something everyday. and my wake up I have the stomach nausea where I can't lay comfortably. that goes away and it's just a general body ache and fatigue all day and night
    • Posted

Hi Haydenm...I'm a week into 150mg and this morning was the last straw i feel so ill I've dropped back down to 112.5, can't talk to my doc till tomorrow.What I have also noticed my first prescriptions were venublue venlafaxine, the 150mg dose is effexor which is branded venlafaxine...the side effects are stronger and depression seems worse.???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.