I'm so so so sick of this Gastritis.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm over it. It's just the most painful sickness and never ending. Just as you think you might be over it, the pain comes back full blast. I've done everything right. I've eaten all the right foods. ( which is barely enough to feed an ant) I've taken the meds. I've stayed quiet, tried hard not to be anxious, taken little walks... Can't for too long as I live in Thailand with the unbearable heat and pollution. Had no pain for two days then bang, hits me like thunder in full force. So to top it all of I also have Bronchitis... Both I've had now for 6 weeks and I'm not even half way better. Great combination, enough to make me potty. I'm at my wits end. My cousin is sending some stuff from Australia which she said works wonders. Here's hoping as I've really had enough.

Ok over with my rant... But truely I feel for all of you who are going through the same crap. It is just painfully unbearable.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Jackie, let us all know what your cousin sends you from Australia.  The most debilitating and depressing illness ever.
    • Posted

It's called Urgomet... Haven't looked it up yet but am going to in a sec. You are so right... Not just debilitating but I've become like a hermit. I don't want to go anywhere, I'm too scared to eat. And I've become so depressed which is not me. It's a friggen nightmare.

• Posted

Oops I'm wrong. It's called Bergamet and its for cholesterol. Sorry about that.

• Posted

I know what Bergamot is Anhaga, and its varying uses.  I just dont get the gastitis connection.  And your link is too muh to wade through X

• Posted

Chopsy, as I had written up above to u, I had made a mistake. My cousin is sending it for cholesterol . Sort. I thought she was sending something for gastritis... A miracle cure but I was mistaken.
  • Posted

I used to get gastritis and was hospitalised with it a few times. Licquorice sorts me out.
    • Posted

Georgia, what kind of licorice. I wonder if I can find it in Thailand . Yes I've heard good things about it.

• Posted

I suck on licquorice juice sticks and you can get licquorice sticks to chew in the UK. I think they sell them in ebay if that's any help.

• Posted

Just make sure it's genuine licorice and not a flavoured candy.  Also, licorice is contraindicated for some people.  I won't take it, for example, because of family history of haemorraghic stroke.  I think it has some effect on blood pressure, among other things.  Also it interacts with certain medications.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.