I'm soooo anxious

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer from anxiety 24/7 for 10 years I'm a full time carer and have a 5 year old when I get really anxious I drink which is about three times a year!! Last night I started drinking and this morning secretly because at the moment I can't cope!!! I hate looking after my partners nanna who lives with us she lays on the sofa all day and sleeps and no one can sit in the living room because of her I hate showering her I hate dressing her! I've done this for 3 years and finally we are moving in a couple of weeks and she is going in a home so I get my freedom back... I'm just so anxious at the moment and I hate the fact I am secretly drinking again

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I suffered from anxiety years ago and went to my doctor who gave me a prescription for prozac.  It truly eased me, and I would recommend, Pamela, possibly this route.  You have a lot on your plate to deal with and anxiety is hard on the mind and body.  Hope you can get this resolved.
  • Posted

Hi Pamela, sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time! I probably can't empathise with you fully as I haven't been in that situation but I think you shouldn't be drinking as you don't want that to become too much of a habit as a way of coping with your anxiety! Maybe try going on a run or meditating also helps! You should also see about going back to the doctors to see about counselling? I don't know you personally so I'm not sure what you've tried before but drinking will only make it worse in the long run! Hope you find the support you need. Ps - even though you're a career doesn't mean you don't need to be cared for also as your needs are just as important as your partners nan and your 5 year olds! Good luck!
  • Posted

Hey there. Alcohol may help temporarly, but it makes it can make it so much worse. If you need help, see a doctor, post on here, or send me a PM.

All the best!

• Posted

Hello.  It will do no good to beat yourself up.  You make mistakes like every other human being does.  I am glad that you are getting your freedom back, and I hope that if you are not able to cope with your anxiety, that you seek professional help.  I wish you the best. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.