I'm starting to give up

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've tried almost every single cream and ointment in the store. With the amount of bottles and tubes I have in my bathroom, I could start my own eczema treatment pharmacy.

I've had eczema since I could remember. The majority of my baby pics show 75% of my face just covered with eczema with bright red cheeks. As I got older, my face healed up but my inner elbows and back of my knees started to flare for years. And I would just scratch and scratch until it bled. And it would take forever for my wounds to heal because I would just pick at the scabs. When puberty hit, those areas started to fade, but then it hit my neck. I refused to tie my hair up, no matter how hot it got because I was so embarrassed and ashamed. I'm have pale skin so when my eczema flares up, it's so apparent. I feel like that's what everyone looks at when they're talking to me. I've been to the doctors and dermatologists countless times and I've spent so much money already. I'm tired. And depressed. I hate waking up in the morning and seeing my bed covered with white skin flakes. I can't wear black anymore for the same reason. I'll constantly be looking in the mirror and brush off skin flakes every few minutes. The other day, I was cleaning my keyboard; I flipped it upside down and it FREAKING SNOWED SKIN FLAKES EVERYWHERE. GFD IT ALL.

I don't know what to do any more. I'm just ranting and stressed.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i been there few days ago. that's my outfit-ice packs for itch and cetaphile pro dry skin under the shower, myrrh and vaseline Pure Ultra white Petroleum jelly for pain.

I feel sorry you suffering, I do too right now:) put some ice and cool yourself. Try to relax your mind and take your thoughts away from the issue.

Calming myself is what I do bc is helping me-simple!. Do it with music and chill, u can also listen to loud music and dance alone whatever works to take the attention away from itching and the every day struggle.

Keep your head up and forget the depression and giving up! there is always more in life- eczema is just side struggle!

• Posted

I cured myself of excema in my early 20’s by a fluke. Since I was 7 years old I’d had eczema very bad on my hands, feet, face, crotch, you name it. Especially on my feet. One day while skiing I was so upset I went outside and stood in the snow barefoot. I stood there until my hot hideous feet melted all the snow all the way to the ground! A normal person could never have lasted that long standing barefoot on what is technically ice. The itching almost immediately stopped and in a matter of days (after keeping my feet and effected areas cold), my excema went into remission. Since then anytime I have flareups I put my feet or hands etc in ice, the itching instantly disappears and if I keep my feet and hands cold and as dry as possible the eczema just goes away! The problem is heat!!! HEAT! Somethings messed up in our dna and it creates heat in the nerves or something which creates the itching blisters.

So fill some Ziploc bags with water and freeze them, hold onto them with your hands if you have excema there or put it against the problem areas, wherever. You’ll be surprised how long you can hold the ice pack. If the excema is bad enough you’ll be able to melt the whole bag of ice especially if the excema is on your hands. Put your feet in ice water. Put a towel next to the bucket and keep your feet as dry as possible once you've gotten them cold. “Keep” the effected area cold. As cold as you can take it at first. If it’s on your crotch put two ziplock bags with cold water in between your inner thigh and your junk. You’ll notice the itching stops after a while. If you can take it colder do it but don’t freeze anything. If your inner thigh is cold, your junk will follow. And then you must keep those areas cool for the rest of your life or it will return!!! And for heavens sake never ever scratch or rub your affected area! Scratching promotes the heat. It takes vigilance. You can’t let the tingle start again or it can come back in a matter of minutes. When I get the sansation and the itchy feeling I don’t care where I am, I kick off my shoes and socks and wag my feet around to get them cooled off. Then I immediately head for an ice bucket as soon as possible. Heat is the enemy. Oily creams and lotions don’t help and trap the heat. Keep your effected areas clean, dry and above all “cold/cool!” Eczema sucks! This is my cure. I’ve been excema free for 30 years.

• Posted

Hi,

May I know what was the advise given to you by your dermatologist? I would also like to know if your taking some meds for that.

• Posted

just my few cents, all the dermatologist that I met in the past seven years recommending steroids. that's like psychologists with the antidepressant medication. They all just push pills on you. Steroids oral and ointment destroyed my skin beyond repair. I’m facing a surgery in few weeks because of that. please don’t be looking for help in doctors they not your friend. Your skin is the biggest organ you have, it doesn’t need anything but just their own flora. I highly recommending holistic sulfur 30c medication and Get rid of stressful people in your environment.

• Posted

Hello everybody, so I quit everything all the cosmetics Vaseline creams all of it. I’m washing myself soap free. And I’m using sulfur holistic 30c. I left the United States for many reasons but one most important was the healthcare and annoying doctors that play me down with steroids that have created a huge mess in my life. I had a teriblle fler up going on for almost 7 months. Thank God here in Poland I have went privately to the lab and I discovered I have two chronic skin diseases and two bacterial infection. Luckily I have use antibiotics that help me big time. your dermatologist is Not really someone that will help you, that’s something that you need to figure out.. I discovered that being at peace and isolating yourself from people that irritating you it’s a huge step forward in my journey to feeling better! Oh and one very important thing I don’t moisturize my skin it’s a total nonsense. Generally with all the skin conditions that are out there right now there is millions of products and everyone promises you something that most of those cosmetics can’t ever achieve. Don’t think you can cure it over night. I went to hell and back and I’m prepared for another round but I am at peace with my skin for the first time in seven years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.