I'm starting to think what I have isn't fibro!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I really don't think I have fibro but my rhuemotolgist an family doctor says it is. I had so many test done an they couldn't find anything but I always have that what if, what if it didn't show up, or what if it was to early or what if they missed something. That's how I live my life.

When all this first started I was having problems with my leg I went on the internet an researched my symptoms an the scariest word came up ALS. Well I have the muscle weakness at times an I have muscle twitches an the muscle cramps so I seriously convinced myself that I had ALS an my life was a wreck until I seen the doctor an he said no way an did a MRI an emg which all was normal. But my mind has a mind of it's own an I still have that fear of having that monster disease an I just can't seem to move forward I hate it hate I hate it.

Deep down inside I don't think I have it but I'm just not sure if my symptoms match up to fibro.

I don't have a problem sleepin but I constantly tired, an I'm not always in pain but uncomfortable like crampy most of the time but my main problem is my left leg. It has been like this for about 3 weeks. It's not like this all day but off an on everyday. My thigh burns at times, I have a cramp in my in er thigh at times, my leg feels heavy, fatigued an of course the numbness in the foot an sometimes the cold feelin.

I am going to make an appointment an I hope they don't tell me that I have something I can't handle.

Have a good day ladies I'm going to get my heating pad out!!!

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Amy, How have you been feeling? XX
    • Posted

The numbness is seeming to let up in foot but both legs are just achy an very tired feelin. Still a little bit of burning. There very fatigued like I have been over working them an I haven't. I am getting a emg an nerve conduction test done on Friday so hopefully it will show something but not nothing that's life threating.
    • Posted

burning is another fibro symptom I think what your experiencing could all be down to the fibro. having these tests will help clarify whether it is down to fibro or something else. take care gentle hug ps Ive got burning in my right foot at min.its driving me mad x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.