I'm stuck

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a healthy 16 year old boy who has always been a type of worrying person. When I was growing up I have suffered from panic attacks for stupid reasons. Now as I just turned 16 I had one really bad panic attack when it was my first time driving (it was so embrassing) ever since then I have had so many symptoms that just tend to come and go. I went to the ER about two weeks ago and they said literally not a single thing was wrong with me. I have had blood work, and my eyes examined( I was afraid of a Brain tumor) and the only think my eye doctor noticed was that my vision was actually improving. Ever since I went to the eye doctor and that she brought up floaters and black spots I have been experiencing then with panic and I have been having a constant headache for 2 weeks now. I went to my regular doctors they did a regular check up and my blood pressure was perfect and so was everything else. I am constantly self diagnosing myself and I keep just looking out for symtoms

I have a couple of questions

(This is random) Before my major anxiety attack I have been training to try to get my velocity up for baseball. Before my anxiety attack I have thrown a fastball about only 78 mph now 3 weeks after I have thrown my fastball at a proud speed of 84 mph. If something was serious wrong with me I honestly don't think I could do that. I always feel better when someone tells me I'm fine but then the symptoms just keep on coming back its so annoying and it's ruining my family and my friends someone please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Edit: here are some of my symptoms

Chest pain

Chest tingling

Headaches all over my head

Ears sometimes ringing

Black spots

Floaters

Whenever I feel my stomach moving randomly I get a chill down my back then I feel like I have to use the bathroom

A constant feeling that I'm not here or im just floating

Very rarely I notice any symptoms if I'm working out or playing video games

• Posted

Peter, it sounds like you are experiencing anxiety. There are many symptoms, including those you have mentioned. Read through other anxiety discussions on this forum and you will see what I mean.

As to floaters, we all get them. I got a few new ones a few months ago, some are gone, and the others I don't see anymore. I don't know about black spots, Honey.

When i was experiencing what you are a few months ago, I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder, and put on meds which helped immensely within a week. Then I was calm enough to look for ways to help myself, and found this forum.

I would visit the doctor again and ask about anxiety. You will feel much better if you check with the doctor and check other discussions here. You will be okay, Peter, and I am sure you will hear from others who are or have been where you are. You are not alone. Sending a big hug.

• Posted

Thank you so much Cia! I could be experiencing some migrianes with the black spots but I know for sure anxiety is linked with it. I understand your point of view about the anxiety medicine and I did ask my doctor about her opinion on it, she said that I will be fine and that I should give it a couple of months to come back with monthly check ups. When she was examining me she said I might have a little bit of sinus but nothing serious for a anti biotic
    • Posted

Go back in a month, and if symptoms persist, insist on her taking anxiety seriously. If she won't, check with another doctor or a psychiatrist. Anxiety is their field and they will see it quickly, and being medical doctors, also, can prescribe meds if needed, even if needed for just awhile. You will be okay, Peter. Look up breathing techniques for anxiety....helps a lot.

• Posted

Honey, all the symptoms relate to Anxiety Disorder, especially as you don't notice them when you are distracted by work/playing videos. Don't let this get out of hand by letting your imagination run away with you by fearing some awful physical illness has struck you. It hasn't

Anxiety Disorder is an illness in itself and the symptoms are unpleasant. But all your tests show you are a normal, healthy young being. Take comfort from that and believe it. The medics know what they're talking about.

I get migraines and they can be worsened by sinus problems so don't let that trouble you either and as for stomach problems, they are common with AD. Needing the toilet is a fear reaction,that's all. Ad sufferers have an abundance of adrenalin, the fight or flight gland. Burn it off with excercise, stay hydrated and get on with your life.

• Posted

Hello Peter

When I fist started to drive I panicked, my dad paniced and my mother and two sisters were showing concerns. In fact when I passed my test I was under the idea that my dad was going to let me drive, He of course did panic and I never drove His car until just before His death many many years later.

Your tests have shown you are ok you are a sufferer of anxiety, you are fine nothing to worry about.

Enjoy your baseball

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.