I'm Sure Its SCABIES :::

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello guys 👏

Here goes, my 20 year old daughter started itching excessively on her legs, belly, head, hands, and ways cut a very long story down ,few wks passed she was online searching symptoms, scabies came up, then it all fell into place, her long term (dick) of a bf was sleeping with some chick while they split up,my daughter had like a picture of this chick with a rash all over her face, she went doctors it was scabies, (she was not best pleased I can tell ya )' she worked her heart out, washing , scrubbing, ointment s on as directex. At last she was free from this intense itching,

I quiet often visit my daughter for a full WK then bk home for week then back to hers for next week, went on for bout 3, month, can't tell u how pleased I was each time I returned home with no signs of infection, how Nieve was I.Iv got them, little s***s (lol) but think mine is the crusty one, (which after reading up is worse)my daughter was all cleared as was her home, so how have I now months down the line been infected.

also

Also what is the best plan of action from here???

Also I have psoriasis which seems to of got worse,

Thank you for reading this post xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue,

Why do you think you have the crusted scabies? They are exactly the same mites just in much higher numbers on your body are you aware of this?

I can tell you I am a youth worker and I got scabies from work and it was a horrible nightmare which took me almost two and a half months to rid myself of! My family now joke that I have PhD in Scabies as my immune system was run down and my body was not fighting them at all and I was doing everything to kill them including all the research.

You may have got them from your daughter and not known as the itching is a reaction to the mites in your skin and can take up to 8weeks sometimes longer to develop the reaction if you have not had scabies before, So you may have contracted the infestation but not known until your body developed the reaction.

As to your actions from here - this will somewhat depend on if you do in fact have crusted scabies (might was almost to this point). The mites I had where PERMITHIRIN RESISTANT and this NOT UNCOMMON. I don't know where you are or what medications you have access to but I wasted weeks with an infestation worsening, wondering why the cream was working. I went to the doctor got a script for IVERMECTIN oral tablets (make sure it is the correct dosage for your body weight) take the pills and apply BENZEMUL lotion at the same time for 24hrs, shower and then apply for another 24hrs. The only thing that worked for me for the TOPICAL + ORAL tablets. Lyclear or other creams with permithirin are for mild cases only. Ivermectin is strong you will need to wait at least 6 days for eggs under your skin to hatch and grow. The creams or tablets never kill the eggs. They also wont kill the babies, scabies go through 4-5 stages before they are adults and develop the nervous system that the cream/ tablets paralyse then kill. The trick is to repeat the treatment as they are becoming adults but before they lay any more eggs. 

TIPS: Treat your environment for the mites too

The mistake I made : Before I discovered Ivermectin and Benzemul I repeatedly treated myself with the permithirin cream ( every couple of days) this made me itchy with rashes etc and my skin became over sensitive from all the treatments I was trying and was imitating the symptoms. I went to a dermotologist to get the clearance that they were definitely gone and began a skin care treatment with soap free sensitive skin products as my skin was so agitated I thought I still had the mites but they were gone. It was so hard to trust the dermatologist and not treat myself again as for about three weeks after they were gone my skin felt like I still had the itching and biting sensations.

I really hope this helps : )

• Posted

OMG, sue63772!! My story is long and off the hook and I THINK I've got my "infestation" under control but your the first person, outside of myself, to experience psoriasis associated with scabies! Since high school Ive had outbreaks of psoriasis, oddly enough, it only attacked my "bendable" parts (knuckles, elbows, knees, etc.), the past few years, it hasnt appeared. But after I did a treatment of Permethine, I experienced a breakout of weird moles, skin tags, strainge warts and little dots of psoriasis all over my body! There is a weird connection between scabies and psorasis, I remember reading somewhere that the body attacks the mites by trapping them in the layers of skin that surfaces as psoriasis. Maybe that's where the flaky scabies derive from, I thought I had those due to all flakes!!! I don't know, I've been fighting my scabies for months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.