I'm sure this has been talked about extensively

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

i had been on Citalopram for 7 years at 20mg ..it worked wonders..i decided to get off and try to manage on my own..so i weaned off and after about 3 weeks from being completely off the meds..my anxiety returned in the form of sleep Anxiety..i was worried about not sleeping which would make me not sleep..the circle!!

so i went back on Citalopram, been on 20 for 6 1/2 weeks and my dr said after week 4 that thats the best in going to feel because it reached its full potential. which made me nervous because i was worried the drug wouldnt work for me anymore...so he got me to go on 30mg and i started those 2 weeks ago..i have recently had a good 8 days of sleep and everything..so i thought maybe the pills were working..but now last night i had terrible anxiety and did not sleep..is this normal..is my dr right that they should have "kicked" in by now?

thanks for your guys help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Kicking in doesn't mean 100% good days, there'll be a mixture of good/bad but eventually the good should hopefully outnumber the bad - even people who are "well" have bad days. (and nights)

I know that some people find it takes longer to really kick in second time round.

• Posted

no. you're doctor is wrong I'm afraid. 4 weeks is still really early especially a second time on them. some people are still in the worse before better stage then. 4 weeks and feeling the best it will get is a load of rubbish.

second time seems to be slower to work for most too. not sure why.

I know people who have taken 6 months to get back to the way they were before so it can definitely take longer.

the fact you had some good days in a row mean the meds are starting to do something so stick with the dose you are on for now as setbacks are pretty normal tbh. they can happen on and off for ages but they do get better and the good feelings last longer.

😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.