I’m taking 20 mg of Citalopram for depression and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

im at 5 weeks on this med and im experience the zombies, no emotions whatsoever. ive had glimses of my old self during the day sometimes but the depressed feeling is still in the back of my mind has improved but still there. Was sleeping okay but now not so much. Mornings are extremly rough. i want to get better but i dont want to lose my emotions and be numb to everything. any advice? will this pass?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hey will x 5 weeks is still very early x dont worry about the process x let it work and you will be completely different in no time x when fighting anxiety and depression, we overthink things way too much x i did it and the majority of people have also x morning anxiety was the last to go for me x i kept thinking i was stuck in an awful dtate of mind x trust me, it does improve x hang in there bud x get some exercise in and relax

• Posted

hey will x 5 weeks is still very early x dont worry about the process x let it work and you will be completely different in no time x when fighting anxiety and depression, we overthink things way too much x i did it and the majority of people have also x morning anxiety was the last to go for me x i kept thinking i was stuck in an awful dtate of mind x trust me, it does improve x hang in there bud x get some exercise in and relax

• Posted

its just the constant thought of what if, what if itll never get better & what if ill be like this forever and nothing helps

• Posted

trust the process x these meds work very slow x i was there too man x im getting better everyday

• Posted

i just dont want my good emotions and feelings of love and attachment to go away with it, right now its pretty rough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.