I’m terrified I feel like I’m dying someone help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was recently prescribed Fluoxetine to manage my anxiety. For the first week my dr had me on 10mg once a day and all was fine and well, then for the second week I was to up to 20mg once a day.. that’s when all hell broke loose. 

For the last four days I have been having heart palpitations, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, trembling, tunnel vision, racing heart beat, loss of apitite, shortness of breath, and suicidal thoughts.

And it is all CONSTANT it never stops! 

I called my dr and she told me to stop taking it and I did today but I am still experiencing all the side effects. It is starting to feel like this will never end I can’t even function. I am missing school I can’t get out of bed. Hell I can hardly breathe! 

Has anyone else experienced this?! How long does it last?! I honestly feel like I am dying a slow miserable death. 

HELP! 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicole 

Bless you, try and take a few deep breaths and calm down a little, try take u mind of things if you can, I know ease said then done..

I’m sure as u were not on this med for long it will be out of your body pretty quick to... the more you think about it, the worse you will feel...

Normly at 20mg the first two weeks will turn u inside out, and u feel that low, you don’t know where to turn, all your symptoms is what I had within the first two weeks, so don’t worry your not aloan, this med does do this to a lot of people ( unless ur lucky ) you do get every symptom going..

I’m now on 60mg of Prozac and feeling really good, life now is worth living..

But try to keep your self busy if you can, while your body gets back to normal, our minds are very powerful and we think every thing is, or going to go wrong, think some times we could do with a switch on our heads to turn our minds of wen we feel bad 😆..

I wish you all the best, and if you really can’t stand it any more, please go back to your doc for help, don’t sit at home and suffer..

Keep talking on here as we are all here to listen to you if that helps big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi Nicolle, I am sorry to hear about all your continued side effects after stopping. I hope by now your heart rate is back to normal, and you are coping better. Although I haven’t experienced similiar, I feel for you. 
  • Posted

Currently tapering off. Read up and study psych meds especially getting off. Tapering no more than 5% every 2-4 week's is recommend. Doctor's are clueless about tapering properly. I've heard it 100s of time's. Same goes for benzo's or any psych meds.

Avoid these drugs at all cost. They  have been shown to be no more effective than placebos, but unfortunately are much more dangerous. These drugs have been known to cause high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol; you name it. They have also been linked to an increase risk of breast cancer and osteoporosis

These drugs carry a Black box warning...the strictest warning the FDA can issue because these drugs can increase your risk of suicide and cause suicidal ideation. 

Since the SSRIS came on the market, the rates of bipolar diagnoses have skyrocketed, suicide rates, increased, and the overall mental health state has been declining. 

A recent study has shown that even people with depression who were not treated (no drugs or therapy) fared better in the long run than people who took these drugs! They have caused mania, psychotic breaks, and more. They have also been associated with significantly elevated risk of death, strokes & heart attacks.

Other studies show these drugs increase the chance of having future depression when off the meds. 

Not to mention, most everyone will experience some sort of withdrawal symptom trying to get off these drugs if done incorrectly. Tapering is a very slow process that can take a year or more. If someone comes off meds too quickly, withdrawal can last from months to years. Anxiety and depression have an underlying cause and these drugs do not touch that. I would dig deeper to find the cause of the anxiety and depression to correct that. Anxiety and depression is caused by a past traumatic event many times. In that case, you should seek therapy. You also want to rule out medical causes that could be causing it. If you haven't already, you need a full work up to check your thyroid, Vitamin levels, and A1C. I can post a chart that lists all the medical tests. Another culprit is sugar and blood sugar fluctuations. I would eliminate sugar and junk and be sure to start eating healthy snacks/meals every 3-4 hours. You also want to work on improving your gut health with a good quality probiotic. 

It takes a little digging to get to the root cause of the problem but it's much safer than throwing these pills at the problem since they have not been shown to have no more than a placebo affect and are very dangerous.

Do

• Posted

Personally I think that by putting what uv put down can be extremely bad for some people on here... we are all different, Iv stop antidepressants after 15yrs and stopped within 5days and been total fine, no prob at all, I’m on a lot of different meds and have been for 28 yrs now, and each one will say they can caurse some thing or another, so if I tuk note on them, I wouldn’t be taking these tablets at all... but I do, and have had no prob in all these years... but that’s ME..

Like I said we are all different to me it sounds like your scary mongering some people who are looking for some help, and at the very last resort we take these meds, ..

Me I won’t stop taking this med, just because of what you THINK ..

It works for ME, and I don’t really care what you are saying, but for others on here you mite just have pushed them over the edge, as now they mite be worried, which none of us want, they are at there lowest and Hoping meds will give them part of there lives back..

Mines back thanks to this drug, I’m living my life again ... I don’t have any of the things you surgested that these meds can give you, and after 24 years of being on meds I think I would have been ill by now, with the way you have put it down...

So really !!!!!!!!!!! 

• Posted

I'm not wishing to undermine you Kevin , but that post is destroying!!!! Your views are your personal views, you must not inflict them on people here who are struggling!!!!! I've been on floux about 25 years and can only say that I've never experienced the things you talk about , yes I've experienced bad symptoms on increase this the , but this site has been brilliant for support and encouragement !!! Do you actually realise how you have probably scared folk??

• Posted

HIya  Pam

Thank you, glad it’s not just me that thinks the same as what Kev had put down, to me I couldn’t care less what he put, as won’t change my mind, but like you said there’s loads of people on here struggling whether to carry on with this med or not, then some one like him, try’s to scare people to death...

When your low and depressed your mind is not in the right place as it is, so we are all looking for that bit of help to get us out of this gloom...

So for some one to write that down, is destroying...

Think I was gob smacked when I read it..

Glad to think you’ve not been put of this med, and like  you said you’ve been on it 25 yrs, and all ok, there’s a lady on here who is really struggling with the increase, and i really do hope she is ok, and don’t see what he’s done, as it could devastate her...

Big hug Pam, and to all you lovely people on here 🤗x

• Posted

Hello Dawn , yes people like kev are the ones we don't need on here !!! I too hope that that post will not terrify people , its wonderful that support there is on here and I posted earlier about my pharmasist having a good chat to me about the good of floux after the first few weeks when many like us have had a tough time !! I'm much better now so I hope that bloke has done no damage to already delicate people !!!!!!! Hugs to you xxxx

• Posted

So glad your doing well now Pam, and you got to talk to your pharmacist as well, wen I saw my doc 3 weeks ago he smiled and said I was look at my best for a long while, so thanks to him, and the others on here, I’m back living again, and out of that black tunnel...

Like you I so do hope that other people, have not read what he put, does he not realise that people on here are so scared and worried, that they may just stop taking this drug because of what he put,  and end up sooo bad, as they are scared to take it now 😡 I won’t stop taking this med, as it as worked so well for ME ..

Good to here from you Pam, and nice to know you are doing well too big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Hi hun!! Just to reassure you that what your experiencing at the moment is very normal !! Really , my pharmacist told me that this morning !!! Please stick it out as by week three to four you should feel a lot better !!!! Xxxxxxx
  • Posted

Hello Nicole , I posted to you earlier with a positive post about floux !! A bloke called kev has sent you a post which is meant to scare people struggling with this med in the early days!! That's nasty !! If you read all the other posts from folk struggling , then see all the positive replies , please believe them!! That bloke has his personal views with no evidence to back up what he says!!! He's a troll in my eyes and should be taken off the site!!! Like dawn and me , we've been on floux years and years and NEVER had any things that he said .early days for you hun , keep in touch with the rest of us , as we know what were talking about !!!! Ignore any more frightening comments from HIM , love and hugs xxxxx

• Posted

Couldn’t of said it better Pam, your right on it all, he needs blocking from this site 🤗xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.