My head and neck. My ent doctor

Found excess tissue in my nasal

Passage. I'm petrified it's cancer.

I also have terrible ear pain face

Pain and a sore mouth. Please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What did the ent Dr say about the extra tissue, not a polyp? Obviously you won't know for sure until the results but hopefully it will be all ent related and I'd have thought they would have contacted you urgently if there was anything serious? I'd keep pushing for the results as I can imagine how stressful it is waiting. Please let me know if you hear anything x

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. No he

Never said anything just that I needed

A mri with contrast and a possible

Biopsy. Another two weeks to

Wait. Wish I could stop worrying.

• Posted

It's understandable to worry. Just hope these two weeks go by quickly for you.

• Posted

So sorry to hear this.    Don't stress so much and worry will only make it worse. I get terrible face and neck pain and ear pain and dr never know what iit is one will say sinus and another will say tmj. But they say might be both at same time. I get frustrated cause I have no sinus symptoms. I will keep you in my prayers.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind reply. Had mri yesterday now just need to wait for results. I did ring ent doctor as I was so worried it was making me ill. He kind of assured me that he didn't think it was cancer but more of some kind of infection. I suffer with anxiety so bad that I will still worry until I know for sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.