I'm tired of existing and not living. I don't want to live anymore.

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 5 years, I've been heavily considering suicide. Back & forth, I've probably already thought about it well over 100+ times. Pretty much for most days, the first thing I think about in the morning is wanting to die. Same for the last thought before I go to sleep at night, thinking why don't I just end my life. Even right now, I'm constantly making plans to see if 2018 will just be my final year, perhaps even within the next few months. 2017 was suppose to be the end, but somehow I’m still here, and I’m regretting why I didn’t just end it last year to get it over with.I'm scared of pulling the trigger, even though I want to. 

I used to be a Navy SEAL, got married while I was in. Got out and got a job in LE. My unit was under federal indictment when I was sworn in. I didn't know that. We no longer had our police powers but my deputy chief still kept us in the field. He should have confiscated our credentials. Anyways I get stopped by the police while I was getting off a security detail. I handed the officers by LE ID, when they ran my name it came up as INACTIVE. The police officer was trying to arrest me right there. I convinced him to call my deputy chief. The officer agreed and said that if he vouched for me, he would release me. My boss gets there and tells the officers and I quote "I don't know why he has his badge and his gun but you need to arrest him. Do what you have to do because he is not my responsibility". I was dumbfounded. I was arrested immediately and taken in for questioning. The detective questioning me tried out some of his "advanced interrogation tactics" when he read my file. It didn't work but he still caused some permanent damage to my joints. 3 federal agents came down and interviewed me as well. The next day when I was being transported to county one officer leans in and says to me "I know who you are, if you kick our asses and escape it will just add more charges to your rap sheet". That was never my intention. I was bailed out a day later. right before I was released a guard purposely held me longer so he could call the local media. As I was exiting county there was a news crew calling me out by name. When I got home I was opening the 7 o'clock news... 

My entire career I remained in the shadows to avoid anyone knowing who I was. Then this. The next day my father died suddenly. That just took everything out of me. I had to ask for permission to go to his funeral from a judge. I was put on house arrest as part of my bond. My name and address were plastered all over the news. 

In the last 5 years my wife cheated on me multiple times and was not apologetic for it. She disappeared with my son and allowed me to believe she had been taken by a man who I arrested for kidnapping. She was completely soulless. 

I became an alcoholic, I drank every night just to go to sleep. I attempted suicide with prescription pills and woke up soaking wet with sweat and p**s 2 days later with a few missed calls on my cell. 

Every time I am ready to go to trial the states attorney cancels the trial. so then we have to reset it and wait another few months. They have cancelled my trial 7 times. While I am still on house arrest. I had movement for a couple years to go to work, which its impossible to find a good job while pending a court case. You are suppose to be innocent unless proven guilty but it still comes up on your record. I have been hired and within a couple days fired from jobs due to this case. I am NOT a convicted felon. If I was a drug dealer this would have been over already. But since I was a good guy I get hit the worst. 

Recently the judge in his attempt to pressure me to plead guilty moved me to Sheriffs house arrest with zero movement. I can't even walk out of my front door. I haven't left my parents house in months. (yes I had to move back in my mom's house with my cheating wife and kids because I couldn't afford rent) my life sucks. You can't even call this a life. 

I feel like a prisoner. I am a prisoner. I feel empty, lost, controlled, hopeless and helpless. If I walk outside I might as well run. and I am not guilty of these charges so I am not running. I did nothing wrong. I have waited for the system to do its job for the last 5 years and it has failed me. 

I have held out for a long as I feel I can. Every day that I wake up its a drag trying to pretend to care about living. I don't eat much. I stopped exercising, I just have no energy to even try. I feel like the clothing I wear is worth more than me. The food I eat should go to someone else who deserves it. I don't want to be alive anymore. 

I've held out for 5 years, that's a good run. I don't know who could blame me for giving up at this point. I won't kill myself, but damn I really want to die. 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

First, thank you, FrogmanBallad, for your service to our country. Second, I feel terrible because I have no real words for all of this injustice being done to you. I believe you are correct, since you're a good guy, you're getting shafted big time. I have absolute ZERO confidence in our justice and legal system. It's a complete sham. As with everything, money talks. You didn't mention a lawyer, do you even have one? I really hate them, too, but you can't represent yourself. I hope perhaps you have a firm faith. For so many, it does help. As a mother myself with an adult son living with me due to his law-breaking mistakes, I can imagine how your mother feels. If only for her, keep hanging on. I would think it would kill her if you took your own life. Finally, your children. They do need a father. Society tries to act like children don't, but if it is at all possible to do, a father should be a big part of their lives. I hope you can find a tiny bit of hope or feel a bit better talking on her to others that feel lost - even if their situation is completely different (as is mine).

• Posted

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my discussion. It means a lot. The justice system is a joke, it truly comes down to who you know and how much money you have. I do have a lawyer ma'am. He isn't too much of a help but he is all I have right now. I've been holding onto the concept of staying around for my kids. I just feel like every minute is an hour. I have developed insomnia since this case happen and I just don't sleep anymore. This isn't a life worth living, but I am here. I have no clue why I'm here, maybe its a cruel joke for me to still be breathing. Anyways. I really appreciate you ma'am. I wish you and your boy the very best. I hope things turn around for him and tell him to never quit. 

• Posted

Hi FrogmanBallad - so sorry to read you are suffering like this. The system is designed to protect the government, and when they are not back-pedaling to cover their crimes, they are racing to condemn the innocent. I was a victim of this and it decimates your life. I wish i had could write something that will help, but I'm afraid it really is one day at a time while they have suspended your life. Hang in there, as hopeless as it seems, as helpless as you feel. I totally understand your desire to escape - i contemplated it too - but then they win. They get to tell the story and have the last say on who you are. 

• Posted

Frogman, i feel for u , i get u for i am not fond of lofe at the moment, but would a big fat hug full of love help in any way? well i am on the brink of death and it warms my heart to give u as much love as i can right now. big hugzzzz and a hell of a lot of love!
    • Posted

i meant that i am not fond of LIFE, not easy typing sometimes. 
  • Posted

Frogman, my sweet friend, when i tead ur title, it is excatly what i feel. i have given a good go with this life, i am 53 years old, and i am done trying. thai life isnt for me. but all the same i am here today. and really all i can do for u is sending u my love, for even if i wish i didnt wake up from sleeping( badly) , i still feel a lot of compassion my peers, and others of course. so all u r gonna get from me in a proper tight cuddle. i must admit that i havent reat ur entire post, my mind is not so focused today, nevetheless, i feel with u and for u. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.