I’m to pass out from TKR… And still experiencing total exhaustion and no appetite…

Posted , 7 users are following.

Two months out from TKR Totally exhausted still and I have no appetite anyone else experiencing the symptoms?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes totally normal. I lost 10llbs but that was a silver lining for me. Don't worry it will improve. Try at least to have a walk in the fresh air every day. In addition to exercise it will lift your spirits. Don't be too hard on yourself - the operation is brutal.

• Posted

this is my second knee operation ( 11 weeks along), and the exhausation lasts for a while try to not crowd too into your life besides the exercises, lost 20 lbs without even trying eating better now, as i realize need to eat healthly to heal the need and built up muscle found both times how much you need to fogus on yourself. It gets easier as you get to 3 months and 6 months found a bug improvement last time, though each operation is different, this time I got the gift of sciatica. Take care .

• Posted

Absolutely normal. I lost 15 pounds and was going to bed at 8:30 every night. At one year and still don't stay up past 10. Use to be a night owl and bedtime was 1 am. Finally getting my energy back. Healing takes a lot out of us, and with this being major surgery it takes some time to regain the same level of energy we use to have, but it will come.

• Posted

I am 11 weeks since i had my replacement TKR.....my 3rd TKR. Loosing weight was always my silver lining. I think the loss of appetite is from the pain and lack of sleep. It will get easier and your appetite will return.

• Posted

Hi

I had TKR in April 2018, and yes the first 6 weeks were not good. I was told that i looked gaunt, had lost weight only 12 stone to begin with, lost my appetite and was not sleeping well.

I started going for short walks twice a day and went back to the Gymn 2 months later.

I then started to improve my apetite came back and so did my energy. 19 months post op i am back playing Tennis twice a week have put weight back on and feeling great

Its hard work but persevere and you will achieve your goal

Howard

• Posted

Yep, i'm 13 weeks post TKR and at around 8 weeks most of my sense of taste and appetite had returned. But, there are still many foods and beverages that don't taste right. it seems like the return of taste really was on an upward trajectory but then it slowed down. I hope my sense of taste fully returns because, even though I have lost 17 pounds, (much needed I might add) I Would like to get the true taste Coke and Pepsi back because i DO love my sodas.

• Posted

12 years sgo...my first TKR......coukdnt stand coffee...but my taste buds came back. Both my first and 2nd TKR no appetite but my last one 12 weeks ago i knew i was in trouble as I was hungry for hospital food. I was so looking forward to loosing 20 pounds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.