I'm trying to go cold turkey on alcohol and substance abuse but I'm hurting all over I blacked out t

Posted , 8 users are following.

I been taking sips of wine instead of brandy. I'm 36 and been drinking for 18 years. I'm out of my clonazepam till my Dr come back what to do

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ok first of all without any medication it's dangerous to suddenly stop drinking. You've been drinking for 18 years and it's very dangerous to suddenly stop. Try tapering your drinks until you get to your dr. Without medication you run the risk of seizures, DTs and severe withdrawal from alcohol.

I am not medically trained so I can't give advice on medication. You need to visit your gp asap. I'm not sure about clonazepam withdrawal.

please seek proper medical advice and don't suddenly stop the alcohol. You may need another benzo type medication.

please keep posting here and I'm sure you will get more knowledgeable replies

• Posted

I repeat from others...do not stop suddenly and do seek medical advice...no news for 24 hours from you?? ARe you ok?? Robin
  • Posted

Give us all a message here to let all of know your ok?

You should even go to your local hospital and explain things

• Posted

when does your Dr return? I would leave a message for the office that you need an appointment asap.

The wine is better than the brandy and should keep your withdrawals at bay until you are able to get some medical detox help.

• Posted

How are you today Missy? Still havent heard from Kisses hope they're ok. 

• Posted

no answer for 7 days?? How are you keeping?? Robin
    • Posted

no reply, but sometimes people come off this group for a while as they are dealing with things. Maybe or not such a good thing...Anyway hope Kisses is ok.  We are here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.