I’m unsure what this lump is on my vagina. Please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

This morning i noticed this redish sore blister like bump on my vagina. It has become some what uncomfortable as the day has gone on, sort of burns when i pee and then the bump is slightly painful/uncomfortable when i wipe. it can sometimes hurt when i walk or if im not positioned right? (hope that makes sense lol) i did speak to a doctor and they said it seems like it could be caused by friction but i cant see how this is possible due to where it is placed. Any ideas? image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi There, Have you tried putting a warm to hot wash cloth/hot compress on it? Where it is painful it reminds me of an ingrown hair but because of where it is placed (inner) I feel like I would suspect more a blocked or infected gland or cyst...so wondering if the hot washcloth might help it drain if there is fluid or pus inside. Ofcourse you probably know to go get it checked by your obgyn if it doesnt resolve relatively soon and after home remedy type things. I doubt it would be an sti -herpes would be more than one, you probably know your exposure risk. Best friend had a little cyst or infected gland once that was simmilar and resolved in time. Only other thought was some kind of autoimmune gyn condition -I have had some strange stuff in my area and mouth since developing my own autoimmune condition and having periods of hypoestrogenism with the vaginal atrophy and labial shrinking and thinning of canal...but sounds more like cyst or gland issue..Im no expert. Better to get checked out good luck and sorry for the suffering!

Best, Fellow Woman

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply! I over researched and convinced myself i had gotten some form of cancer! - I'm a huge hypochondriac! Anxiety fails me sweetly! This morning it did start to bleed after i had been to the loo, I have booked an appointment with my doctors to get it checked just to be on the safe side, but i think the way it looks today it could most definitely be a cyst!

• Posted

Sending good vibes for good news. I am glad you are getting checked. Keep us posted. Good luck!

• Posted

i had the same thing before its UTI go to clinic they'll give some pills to take for 5 days

• Posted

regarding last response posted-utis might cause burning when you pee but they dont cause bumps/blisters/cysts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.