i'm very worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have just joined this this forum and dont know if i'm doing it right i have sent a reply to something i read,i am terrified of what doctors are doing i'm taking diazepam and nitrazepam but got a letter saying they are going to try and get me of them ive been on them for years i dont want to come off them i couldnt stand the withdrawal this has sent me into a complete panic things are bad enough i dont need this worry so frightend its cruel sorry for any spelling mistakes 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol 84640

Don't panic hun.

I have been on Sleepers since 1981,starting with Mogadon and then onto Nitrazepam later.

I had to change doctors but he stipulated that I must put in writing that I understood the implications of the medication and I choose to remain on them (even though I know they don't work) after all these years anyway!

They are a "Safety Balnket" for us users..a mere crutch to get us through the bad times & without them we are less than useless.

Write a letter to GP and state that your anxious about them trying to "wean" you off so you would like to continue the medication in the future.

This way GP's have it in black and white and they have a "duty of care" to give you your medication as and when required.

I think Doctors are getting into trouble for prescribing Bezodiazipines because they are addictive and you are addicted, so by trying to get you off them is causing even more anxiety than before.

After all,it's the doctors who put you on the meds initially that are to blame.

Please write a letter and this way they are having their responsibility taken off them and you take responsibility of what you take in the future.

I did and am happy taking my meds as usual because they help me to struggle on regardless.

Good Luck Carol smile

• Posted

Thankyou for your message you have really eased my mind, i have to see the the doctors next week about some tests so if she starts on about them i know what to say and do now, like you i was put on mogodon first i am a very anxious person and all this has made me feel worse.So am very grateful for you replying to me. Thank once again. Love Carol x
  • Posted

Hi Carol my name is Robert it depends on how long you have been on them for and how much you take per day,i would say tapering off them is the best way pet come down 10% every 2weeks-month.I AM TAPERING OFF THEM AT THE MOMEMT AND IT ISNT AS BAD AS YOU THINK IT IS PET TRUST ME.Iused to take up to 200mg a day now im only on 25mg and it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be.TAPERING IS YOUR BEST BET.Hope this helps you and good luck in the future R
  • Posted

I am going through something close to you I lost my pain doctor of 10 years and I have been to 4 new doctors in just a few weeks and none of them will give me valium or anything like it so I have had to go cold turkey I am so mad because there is no reason for me to be suffering so very much I feel like I am slowly dieing and one of the new doctors not only cut the valium he cut 2 meds and cut one of my pain pills in half so I am going through very major withdrawals so severe I can barely function and I have no clue what to do next?? I guess just suffer I honestly would not any person to go through this I wish you the best <3

>

>

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.