I'm waiting for a brain MRI scan- very anxious and need advice

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I'm a 25 year old female and I'm currently very anxious about my brain mri results.

I have been to a private hospital to see their gp a week ago regarding a pins and needles/tingling sensation in my right leg which I had been experiencing for a week and a formication sensation when I see insects- after less than 10 minutes of the consultation and despite having sensation in my leg she suggested we do a full body mri but as I'm self funding she suggested do a brain mri first as it is expensive. She also prescribed pregabalin pills to take 3 a day. She never took the time to ask more questions and directly asked for an mri, without giving a second thought that it could be something more minor such as b12 deficiency which can affect the nerves.

After my gp visit last week, I no longer experienced any tingling sensation in my leg but I went ahead and took a pregabalin pill (I only took one after seeing how many severe side effects it had) After taking just one I experienced pain in my eye after one day of taking it and and it's now swollen and the other eye was twiching as well- after looking at the side effects it does state on the leaflet that eye pain and eye swelling is indeed a side effect.

Today, after having the mri I went to see her to report the side effect and she denied that it is a side effect and was very rude about it saying to just stop taking it and that it's not true despite showing her the instruction leaflet! she suggested it's hayfever and to wait for the results on Monday- she only just made me more concerned and I'm very anxious about the possibility of it being a brain tumour? I don't have any other symptoms

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.