I'm Weak drank again.... liver now hurts

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been a slight heavy drinker 6- 8 beers every night for just over ten years. I'm 32 years old quit alchole a couple of months ago. I quit as was having pains in my right upper side. So I decided to stop drinking I managed 2 months I had bloods taken they came back fine. Had an ultra sound i was told all is fine but I do have a small scar on my liver. The pains cleared up to . Thinking I was fine I went to the pub a few nights ago and to my sister birthday party got really smashed drank 4 days in 9 now I'm having the pains again. So it must be my liver as it stopped when I stopped drinking and had started again. The ultra sound said I'm fine tho is it wrong ? The lady must of been experienced as she was teaching another nurse what are your thoughts ???

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

who did your ultrasound is not experienced enough to make a diagnosis. 

you need to take the ulrasound report to the doctor, or consult with the doctor about your condition. 

• Posted

I went in to see my doctor he said the same nothing to worry about a small pollock I think he called it . The lady doing the ultra sound seemed very professional and was even teaching a younger nurse while doing it
    • Posted

Thanks for getting back to me nobody seems to on these things ... thanks
    • Posted

So then what did the doctor say was the scar from ? IT should show as shiny white blob on the ultrasound. 
    • Posted

He never really said any thing looked on the computer and said there is nothing to worrie about I think he called it a small pollock. Can ultra sound miss chirrosis and fatty liver ?
    • Posted

I was never shown the ultra sound
    • Posted

Yea it seems odd to me. I know there is something wrong I'm having a dull ache

• Posted

My thoughts are even if your fine now you really need to take stock and think about the consequences if you don't stop, I certainly wish I had prior warning because I would have stopped as the pain is like no other when you get to my stage.

Please please try your best to stop altogether and why don't you chat to your G.P as well

Good luck

• Posted

The ultrasound person is not qualified enough and they should never tell you a diagnosis that is the liver teams job so make sure you see them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.