I’m wondering how to tackle this issue

Posted , 3 users are following.

My girlfriend has just received her pip award 11 daily living. She has Bipolar 1 and psychosis.Now we are going for a MR in the hope of getting that extra point

Anyway her assessor on a PBA was a 20 month registered physiotherapist.

To be honest most of her points were reasonable but I do believe she only looked at the mania end of the condition as been a problem. While my GF has been sectioned 3 times in the past 5 years with mania the assessor was adopting the attitude that depression was the main problem and in her eyes that didn’t seem to count as much

what I’m asking, I suppose, is how do I explain to a new DM that the assessor got it wrong and that depression does present safety issues. As a matter of interest I’m concentrating on preparing food and trying to up the points from 2 to 4

Kevin

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

The simple answer is to that is does she need supervision or assistance from anyone to be able to prepare food? or can she do this alone? Was it b or C she scored the points in? If she needs supervision, then why does she need this? What way does her depression affect her ability to prepare a meal?

Another thing to remember is that she does risk losing what she already has, even though she scored 11 points so to go from that to nothing they would have to remove at least 4 points. They will look at the whole award again and not just part of it.

Did she have a mobility award and score any points in following and planning a journey?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.