I’m wondering if I have RA

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m going to be 65 yrs old in a month!

I have fibromyalgia and myofascial syndrome.  I had a hip replacement last year. Since then all of my joints hurt. My shoulders, my other hip, both my knees and my hands fingers, and ankles.  Can a person my age get RA?  Is it possible?  A friend of mine suggested that I get tested.  I have been in so much pain this year!!!  Sometimes the pain is so unbearable in my torso that it’s hard to breath!!

Has anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Really feeling for you Lori, I had a total knee replacement too in July, my other knee gets done next year, bone on bone from arthritis, because my body had a trauma-the op the Fibro flared up really bad, instead of 5-10 days in hospital I was in for a month,. The rehabilitation seemed to take forever, all good now., it’s is just another autoimmune issue like Fibro.,I also have Sorgrens Syndrome, unfortunately whenever your body has a trauma it all flares up. I’m 68 I’ve had them all 30 plus years now, it’s horrid unfortunately there is no barrier to age, have a lovely day Lori and be blessed.I do only get flare ups now, but of a bonus, not good when it happens, but you know there’s light at the end of the tunnel.😍😍🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.