I’m worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay so, in the beginning of January my fiancé and I had sex. I have the iud so we don’t wear protection or anything. Anyways, after i was in agony. I figured oh great a yeast infection. So I went and bought monistat and I was at ease. A week goes by and we try again, still didn’t feel so good after. I went to a walk in clinic (it was the weekend so my reg gyno was closed) they took a swab but the diagnosis at the moment was a yeast infection based on how it looked. They called me two days later and said I had BV. So I was on flagyl for 7 days. We tried again after the treatment and I started itching, no burn just itch. I then made an appointment with my reg and she said that I could’ve had BV and a YI at the same time and that the flagyl killed the BV but the not the yeast. I just finished my 7 day treatment of terconazole 2 days ago. We’re waiting  until Friday to try again but I feel a slight itch. I have no idea what’s happening to me. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Its not you its him. Sperm has different ph level than vagina so unless you are trying to get pregnant i would advise not to continue letting him finish inside the vagina.this will mess your ph level and itch burn and smell comes with bv.I have been struggling with it for over a year and no antibiotic or yiest cream has worked.it works for couple of days but it always comes back.and it will only get worse trust me.Also they keep saying bv is only female thing.Yes for symptoms but many women swear it comes back from untreated partner.The thing is that not many doctors specialize in this kind of thing and these simple tests they do in the lab wont be big help.they need to test what kind of bv it is there are different types.I have not had sex in the last couple of months and have been having sex with a condom for almost a year and i have been on all std testings including hiv, done numerous treatments for bv and yiest infection and it comes back every time usually 3-4 days after treatment.nothing helps wih bv smell and it has brought me to depression.I would never ever ever have sex without condom even with a husband unless i was working on making a child.it sounds funny but if you ever get to my situation you will understand.get your doctor to test which type of bacteria it is.thats your only hope.also make sure your partner is not bringing bv from someone else and messing your vagina. That is how i got it and how i knew i was cheated on.
    • Posted

It started when we came back home from visiting his family in Texas. We drove back home and it’s a 14 hour drive. The night before we had sex and I didn’t get a chance to wash up so I basically drove home with all that in there (gross I know). Could that be why? I doubt he’s cheating I mean I hope not. 
  • Posted

Yup its probably why.ph of semen and vagina are different and when it happens our vaginas are trying to fight back sometimes it can not because of bacteria.thats when yiest and bv come.while antibiotics cure bv, they make yiest infection. It doesnt happen to every women while there are cases of women who are alergic to semen and have severe reaction.if you want you can continue not using protection i would just tell him to pull it out before he is done. I think in your case your vagina is not used to that ph level and it could cause continuing bv and yeast infections.google ph levels of semen vs vagina to get more understanding why this happens.
    • Posted

I understand lol. I’m a science major and I’ve taken 5 chemistry courses. Thank you for your help! 
  • Posted

No problem.i hope everything works out.there are great groups and discussions  here with suggestions and women that have been fighting with it for years that help each other so feel free to reach out to as many as you want they might have different types of treatment you can try.good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.