I'm worried about my Dad's unexplained recurrent fever, headache, and fatigue

Posted , 1 user is following.

My Dad has been fatigued for the past few days with a slightly sore throat. He also has a tension headache, pain that radiates into his gums, and pain behind his eyes. His fever is very mild and comes and goes along with a sore throat. We've been self-distancing for the past three weeks and he had an episode of this same problem a year ago, so this is not coronavirus.

Last year, my Dad experienced ten days of fever accompanied by fatigue and the same type of headache. The fever would go away and then come back. He had a slightly swollen neck at that time as well. We went and got loads of testing done including blood testing, a CT-scan, a lymph node biopsy -- all negative. He was diagnosed initially with hyperthyroidism, but upon further testing, that was dismissed as well. When the problem went away a year ago, we never got a conclusive diagnosis.

Now that the symptoms are back a year later, I am very worried. He refuses to go to the doctor, saying that the doctors don't know what it is anyways. Does anyone have any clue what this may be?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.