I'm worried about my past and scared of my future...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys. So I've been pretty worried about stupid things I've done in the past. I'm 17 now. When I was around 14 i was quite confused with my sexuality and this caused me to do some pretty dumb things. I text random girls saying weird things, I sent and received nudes from a girl who texted me on Snapchat. The thing I'm most ashamed about is the masturbating in inappropriate places. Such as the bus and in the bushes when me and my classmates were at an adventure centre.

This is causing me to think worrying thoughts like could i have driven anyone over the edge with those texts. I was once using a site called 7cups and while I was having a private chat about these problems my computer timed out and I couldn't find the conversation again. I worry that the listener might think I did something stupid after that.

I'm afraid that these things will catch up with me. I hope to be a filmmaker...the next Spielberg. I was offered a job to direct a play in a couple of months but these things are scaring me. I'm afraid to put myself out there now.

Does anyone have any advice??

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tom,

Try mindfulness and living in the present moment.

Worry about past can give us depression and future can give us Anxiety.

Peace πŸ™

• Posted

Thank you so much. I'll do thatπŸ‘

• Posted

Those who live in the past don't understand the present and have no future. Many who have done these things as adolescents have gone on to become great . Carry on and don't give it a second thought.

• Posted

Thank you Lester. I see what your saying. Great helpπŸ‘

• Posted

Hi Tom,

you are very young still but there are people alot older than you who still do things like you did, and for them it can become a really big problem and they can eventually end up in jail.Very Important Advice. Just don't do anything like that again - for your own safety as much as anyone elses.These things which don't really harm anyone at the time can escalate and escalate if others find out about them, and can actually ruin your life if you get a Criminal Record because of it. Not good. I have a criminal record due to past stupidity - never been to prison thank goodness - though I never did anything at all like you did - and can I get a job? - Well, yes, but not easy, and not one that I want.

The number of jobs that do full criminal records checks are growing and growing, so your options become more and more narrow - and for someone of your age - that would be really quite a tragedy.

I have said similar things to my own son - don't get a criminal record - even for the smallest of things - your career options just start closing off.

Our lives have become much too public today - alot because of social media. Also- think about it - there can be things like CCTV at places like bus stops - embarrasment on your part doesn't even begin to describe the hassle you would have faced if you had been caught!

Don't do that stuff - never put yourself out there on social media or in public in anything like approaching that way - for your own safety.

Then, focus on your future and your ambitions and fulfill your talents, - and you will do well.

Lots of Luck!

• Posted

Thanks so much for the advice!πŸ‘ great help!

• Posted

you know there will always be things that we do or say that we regret later. i think thats part of life , over the course of time we have here on this earth and the hundreds of thousands of interactions, words exchanged, actions taken, we are bound to make mistakes and yes some are embarrassing. youre 17, right now youre still figuring things out about yourself, about the world you live in. just, try your best and try to use your best judgment. thats all you can do, especially at your age. im 36 and sometimes i think about the dumb stuff i did in my early 20s, mid 20s, late 20s and early 30s. we all mess up, we are human. dont worry about it. as long as youre not hurting someone else or yourself. its part of growing up. also, at your age things are still happening youre becoming an adult. so things may get a little weird. its just the phase you are in- testing boundaries and figuring out how you fit in the world. i recommend learning mindfulness if you want a cognitive behavior tool to help you manage anxiety. good luck

• Posted

Thank you so much. I'll try and keep all this is mind. Thank you for your help πŸ‘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.