I'm Worried - I have Another Inconclusive U/S 2nd yr in the Row

Posted , 2 users are following.

Back story - Last summer I went in for a routine mammo and U/S and that ended up being biopsied on my right breast and being diagnosed as complex sclerosing lesion with focal papillary features and microcalcifications present (according to my pathology report). At the time, the doctor ruled out carcinoma.

Being the optimistic person I am, I put this behind me but given it's 2020 well...

Went back last week for a routine checkup but something is noticeably different. For the past few months, I've noticed pain in both breasts which I brought up with my obgyn during my examination. At the time (Sept) I thought it was part of my cycle which is hard these days since I don't have a period anymore bc of an IUD. Now I'm not so sure as it seems it never went away. The mammo again came back clean but the U/S came back as inconclusive (same as last year). There is not one but now two hypoechoic lesions in each breast and they want to take a look at both breasts. At this point, I don't want to freak out but I am wondering, how common is it for this to happen to women every year? Is it also common that it ends of being biopsied as frequent as every year? Can this mean I may be a greater risk? I never got a BRCA test, should I? None of the professionals I have interacted with suggested that I do. My mother had breast cancer (I think Stage I) so not sure how concerned I should be. I am looking at experiences or if anyone has any insights to share. Thank you for your help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Breast cancer is a typical form of cancer, but its not very likely to be inherited. If the doctors cannot find anything, i do not think there is much to worry about. Optimism is good but i think its best to start believing you are okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.