I'm worried if I have Grave's disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a little bulgy eyes but it doesn't look as bad as the patients of the disease, I don't really have the other symptoms of grave's disease. I get sweaty hands and anxiety sometimes but those doesn't bother me but my eyes do. I'm always insecure bout it, I'm called names for it like goldfish which I don't mind but the insecure feeling is killing me and I don't know what to do. My eyes get sensitive easily sometimes, and I have dark circles and bags which stayed since I was young but my eyes start to get bulgy few years ago which I suspect might be cause of too much time on computer, daily, addicted to games. Now that it is bothering me I hope I can get an answer here I have pictures for it if anyone actually bothers to figure it out for me. Thanks a lot sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

would you not go see an Ophtamologist and give yourself some peace of mind....hopefully its not Graves but rather than worrying and being anxious wouldnt it be best to have it checked out....

All the best

Trip

• Posted

I'm pretty young, my parents are too busy to bring me for little checkups like this anyway.. I could send pictures if anyone here mind helping me out so I could stop feeling anxious rolleyes

• Posted

Does anyone else in your family have thyroid problems?   Its often an inherited trait. Ask your Mum and Dad and anyone else that you are related to by bloodline.  Your eyes shouldnt get bulgy from playing computer games but the irritation you feel could be because of too much time looking at screens in general. You are probably not blinking enough.

Are you in UK?   I cant believe your parents are too busy to be concerned about your health...have you talked to them? 

• Posted

It sounds to me as though these concerns could stem from your anxiety. Do you have health anxiety at all? I'm sure your parents would make time for you if you told them of your concerns. It would really put your mind at ease to have graves ruled out by the doctor. Maybe you could even make yourself an appointment with the doctor (I don't know quite how young you are but this could be an option)? I don't think any of us would be able to definitively tell from pictures whether you had any kind of condition. We are not doctors and to make any diagnosis or rule anything out, I'm sure you would need proper medical tests.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.