I'm worried please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, Im a 14 year old girl who has been in hospital due to having Hemorrhagic cyst. i was in hospital for 1 week and a half. They sent me home because after an ultrasound the cyst had shrunken to 2.5 cm from 6 cm. about a month later i started to getting worse pain more sharper i would be screaming of pain. i dont want to go back to hospital because i know what they going to say. im sacred that they will take out me ovary? should i? will i not be able to have kids... my head  spins around these question all day. i feel like i'm always holding back tears. somebody be kind enough to help me....

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Morning sweetie, please try not to worry I know that’s easier said than done.

Do you not feel that you can chat to your mum? Or an auntie? Gran? It’s important sweetie to get your feelings off of your chest as a mother I would want to know if my daughter was feeling so scared.

Haemoragic cysts can disperse (reduce in size or even disappear) this is why they don’t operate straight away just in case the cyst goes away on its own.

I recently had this type of cyst and didn’t loose my ovarys a surgeon will never ever remove anything unless they absolutely have to do please feel reassured there.

Please book an appointment to go see your GP as they can explain things face to face with you much easier than anybody can via an online forum don’t be scared or embarrassed I promise you will come away feeling much better and less anxious.

Take care & be brave talk to your mum x

• Posted

good afternoon, 

we have an appointment with a doctor next week Friday at the hospital.

Thank for responding i would hopefully talk to mum soon xx

• Posted

Morning sweetie

I’m so pleased you are going to see your GP they will absolutely be able to put your mind at rest.

Well done for speaking with your mum too, you should always feel secure in speaking with your mummy and she will be so grateful you shared how you feel too. Best wishes, keep strong x

• Posted

Hi Amelia x

i completely agree with amanda39581 x

I've recently had a different type of cyst but know they won't remove anything unless they absolutely have to it's always best to get things checked out as soon as you can so please don't be frightened to talk to someone about it  x

i can only repeat what the other lady said x

Take a deep breath, talk to someone & keep us updated if you can x

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi amber,

i will surely keep you  updated x 

Today was just really hard at school and i came home all grumpy and i think its just because im scared of what going to happen. when i was last in hopstial they said if it keeps growing back then we will talk about surgery but has grown back 4 times now and it keeps growing bigger and im so worried. i have talked to mum abit but just feel like theres no point because she wont understand.

thank for replying x (sorry if i mad mistakes in my spelling).

• Posted

Hi honey! I know what u are going through i was going through it for about a year i had cysts on both sides of my ovary but the one that i had had disappeared so don't be so afraid everything will be ok cause u are still young and i think u should talk to somebody to ease your mind and make an appointment to see a gyn or your doctor so they can explain it more to u and talk to your mom don't worry u will be ok i will be praying for u

• Posted

thank you so much tracy35500! 

hopefully it will go away soon xx

• Posted

Hi Amelia 

Keep thinking positively sweetie, prepare what you want to ask the GP on Friday by writing down all of the questions you want answers to

Keep strong x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.